PDA

View Full Version : Help: My 1995 540 memory seat controls are all reversed!

nzwyhun
09-20-2004, 02:53 PM
Help,

After recharging my dead battery, the controls for the driver side memory seat are all reversed (for example pushing switch to slide seat forward causes seat to go backward, seatback up makes seatback go down, etc...).

Even the passenger rear mirror goes up now (instead of down) when car is put in reverse.

And the three memory settings (1,2,3) do not work (everything goes backwards).

The seats are the sport seats if that matters.

This happened once before a long time ago and the dealer spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to fix this. I'd rather not go back to dealer since this could quite possibly happen again if I disconnect battery. I searched around the Internet and could not find any mention of anyone else with this problem.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Nestor
New Jersey
1995 540i
six speed

myblack540i
09-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I had a similar problem, once. I had a couple of the switches operating backwards or just one way. It was the seat memory module. I bought a used one for about $150.

Warren N.CA
09-20-2004, 03:03 PM
Help,

After recharging my dead battery, the controls for the driver side memory seat are all reversed (for example pushing switch to slide seat forward causes seat to go backward, seatback up makes seatback go down, etc...).

Even the passenger rear mirror goes up now (instead of down) when car is put in reverse.

And the three memory settings (1,2,3) do not work (everything goes backwards).

The seats are the sport seats if that matters.

This happened once before a long time ago and the dealer spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out how to fix this. I'd rather not go back to dealer since this could quite possibly happen again if I disconnect battery. I searched around the Internet and could not find any mention of anyone else with this problem.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Nestor
New Jersey
1995 540i
six speed

Warren N.CA
09-20-2004, 03:07 PM
Perhaps overnight. Then reconnect it the next day. The idea is to let capacitors discharge completely. If that doesn't work, take it to a good indy shop.