PDA

View Full Version : Tempted by the dark side....

Paul in NZ
09-18-2004, 07:13 PM
genuine RHD NZ new 540 sport wide grill nikasil v8 6 spd.....I dont know if we had any issues here or not

http://www.bmwclub.org.nz/marketplace/uploads/post-5-1095385764.jpg

Patrick
09-19-2004, 08:37 AM
That looks alright but you know to check out that NikaShit issue. Nice t-stars, and you know what I'm referring to.:)
I didn't get the peak near Aspen a few weekends ago, too much rain and snow above 10,000'. Only have gotten two this summer and it's snowing at altitude already, may be able to get a couple more before winter though. I did see Lyle Lovett and Lance Armstrong in Aspen -that was cool.
I've been traveling a bit lately: New Mexico, Arizona, Mexico, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and just got back from Boston for followup, everything is AOK so that's a relief.
I'm not in this photo but I have climbed this peak (Capitol, also near Aspen) via this same ridge, it's about 1500' down on both sides, and narrow enough you can straddle it in places -don't know why these guys are wearing helmets, it's not going to help any.
http://www.bimmer.info/bmw/patrick/CapitolPeak1.jpg
Catch you in 'Chat' soon.

Paul in NZ
09-20-2004, 05:34 AM
the hlmet is a conidence thing...ever ride your duke without one?You feel naked huh!.Maybe i should offer the guy ome $$$$ for the t stars only!!!!

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
09-20-2004, 06:18 AM
buy it paul i know the guy who owns this car ,its very good ,will take a lot lower price than advertised .i will be happy to test drive it for you .
i dont think we have the v8 probs in NZ .

Paul in NZ
09-20-2004, 06:40 AM
Recaro seats??I thought you might offer to drive it for me!He is a car club guy isnt he?

Dan in NZ
09-20-2004, 04:58 PM
Paul, you buy the 540, and I'll buy your 535!

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
09-20-2004, 05:33 PM
i think it was grey leather ? he is in the car club ,i see him often ,friends of friends

Paul in NZ
09-21-2004, 12:28 AM
Paul, you buy the 540, and I'll buy your 535!

are you serious????

Dan in NZ
09-21-2004, 01:59 AM
are you serious????

If I could buy yours for the same price I could get for mine... I'd do it in a heartbeat. Somehow I think that's unrealistic... It looks to me that there's a glut of E32 and E34's on the NZ market at the moment, all going cheap, probably due to relatively huge maintenance costs compared to later cars. For the price of a 1990 525ia, anyone could pick up a tidy 1997 Legacy 250T with the 2.5L engine, woodgrain trim, full electrics, cd player etc...

I'm actually thinking about selling mine in about 8 weeks, since I can live without a car when I'm at home for the summer, then re-purchasing another one late February. Possibly buying one that needs a little work I could do myself, and doing it up over the summer. I'm up to my eyeballs in debt at the moment, so seems like a logical decision. I decided to put the new shocks on hold, because if I can sell it before Insp II and new shocks, there's potentially another $1500 saved. Even if I get the car in good running order with new shocks and Insp II, it still has no CD player, cloth trim, no spoiler or bodykit..

Paul in NZ
09-21-2004, 04:32 AM
i havent been watching the market.I bought mine for 16200.The gut started at about 20,and said his abssolute minimum was 17000.I knew enought o know that this was relatively rare both in spec and condition,plus the particular spec was what i wanted .I didnt know at the time that it was quite special.I had looked at three 535 only.Aall were manual cos i wasnt interested in an auto,one was a uk car with a lot of work required and the other two were virtually indenticl nz new cars.One was at a dealer for over 2300 incl a warranty or the one i ended up with.....I hope this all makes sense.I can barely see what i am typing cos my screen is shot......I would be very careful about buying an e34 to do up,esp if you are thinking about making money.As you know all parts are relatively pricey.The wreckers know what they have got.

Dan in NZ
09-21-2004, 04:47 AM
I got mine a year ago with 165,000km for $6750. It's ex-Japan 1999, has been rear-ended, and front quarter has been beaten back into shape. Prices for similar examples seem about the same. There's a nice looking 1990 735iL for sale at $6000 at the moment, with 220,000km, although at that mileage I'm sure a new tranny would be in order soon enough. Also saw a 1990 750iL on trademe, I'm sure you haven't lived until you've driven a V12... I'm somehow sure I'm best to just stick with what I've got.

Paul in NZ
09-21-2004, 05:15 AM
ummm yes i think old(er) sevens are even less sought after than old(er) fives.The guy who had the first ex uk 535 i looked at eventually swapped it for an auto e32 735 with some cash thrown in.I think he ended up with a better car! His 535 was going to be freshened and a turbo or supercharger added by a guy in Hawkes Bay