PDA

View Full Version : Lower and upper arms...

Misha
09-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Hello Everybody,
I am just trying to find out what is the difference between wheese : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7922821451&category=33583&sspagename=WDVW

thrust arms on ebay and the once from BMA. Now i replaced them about 5 times for all my cars and always purchased from BMA. I need another set of upper, lower and sway links for my m5 and i called bma today and i guess prices went up. It will be $95 for 1 upper arm. And this guy sells 2 for $120, he also has lower arms and sway links for low price as well.
Just wanted to know if there is any difference between them before i make a mistake.
Thanks,
Michael
'91 M5

Mobius
09-18-2004, 06:45 AM
I've ordered from this seller before and never had a problem.

The arms are TRW - and look to be reman BMW arms with the logos ground off (which is fine by me). They looked to be of identical casting to the arms I pulled off the car (flashing grind marks and all). The 750 bushings are OEM.

The only question that leaves is the ball joint - some people have complained of the rubber boots rupturing quicker on these - I have yet to see. I've got about 4k on my set.

avitt2
09-18-2004, 11:12 AM
I just completed a front end job using parts from FCP. $309 plus nominal shipping for thrust arms with OEM 750 bushings, lower aluminum control arms, tie-rod ends, and sway bar links. Just got it aligned two days ago, and the performance is solid...no more shimmy.

The buying Lemforder from BMA would have cost over $600. I really like BMA's service, and have bought many part from them in the past, but this price difference was too great to justify.

I'll report back on the ball-joint boot logevity in a couple of years.

632 Regal
09-18-2004, 01:10 PM
if the rubber boots are in question, couldnt you just pick a couple up from the dealer and be done? Looks like a really good deal to me!