PDA

View Full Version : Power is down, shutting down server

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-17-2004, 11:18 AM
to play it safe, am implementing generator backup

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-17-2004, 11:49 AM
All systems go. I've got no power, but we're running on generator backup. And everything seems to be working, at least server wise!

Cool, first time the generator had to be employed! Now lets hope the power comes back before I have to go buy gas!

Hallmark
09-17-2004, 11:54 AM
:d

Bruno
09-17-2004, 12:00 PM
lol, you guys are killing me... I should buy another E34...

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-17-2004, 12:04 PM
See, you miss that beast already!

Heck, my friends and I keep buying more. Just got another for a close family friend cause they liked ours so much (and they're such a great deal for what you get, and how long you can still drive them).

Now I got to get the generator backup power downstream to the Marine Aquarium before they suffocate! God knows how expensive live corals and the like are!

winfred
09-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I am your father, Luke. Give in to the dark side of the force, you knob.

strange brew-

lol, you guys are killing me... I should buy another E34...

632 Regal
09-17-2004, 12:16 PM
lets see some pics of that aquarium Ed! sounds really cool!

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-17-2004, 12:17 PM
http://www.edsaquarium.com/

winfred
09-17-2004, 12:25 PM
that bridge thing is cool

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-17-2004, 12:29 PM
That's actually my idea. I sell them and have a trademark going on for the name. I had the idea over 20 years ago and built 6 foot long ones!

I got them for sale on ebay too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4325367753

winfred
09-17-2004, 12:33 PM
put a tank or ether side of the tv and run the bridge over the tv, have something to watch during the comercials

Bruno
09-17-2004, 12:33 PM
See, you miss that beast already!

Heck, my friends and I keep buying more. Just got another for a close family friend cause they liked ours so much (and they're such a great deal for what you get, and how long you can still drive them).

Now I got to get the generator backup power downstream to the Marine Aquarium before they suffocate! God knows how expensive live corals and the like are!

I sure miss my 535i... The car was so fast on the track. The racecar didn't do that well on the track... with a blown engine and all.

Even for everyday driving, the 5 was perfect, and everyone looked at it... At least I don't have to worry about cops checking me out in the Jeep...

Oh well.... at least the new owner is having fun.

632 Regal
09-17-2004, 12:45 PM
awesome setup Ed, you build and sell them bridges right? I may be halucinating tho.

50 fiver
09-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Boy does that reef tank bring back memories, flowerpots are tough ones, I wish I had all the money that I spent on killing corals. I felt real bad when a coral would slowly succomb to something that it didn't like, water quality,etc.. I am impressed with your tank and hope it brings you hours of enjoyment. Mine sure did. Excellent idea on the bridge, I am impressed.

Bimmer Nut Ed
09-17-2004, 01:04 PM
Yay, the power is back.

Yes, I build and sell the Aqua-Bridges, but it's kinda funny (not!), they don't sell all that well. Seems people think they really don't work. They don't understand the concept. I get many emails asking me how it works, but very few buyers!

Winfred, I like your idea, mind if I steal it and set one like that up for pictures. It would make a cool looking setup which may sell!

Oh yeah, the Aqua-Bridge is much cooler on halucenagens! Yeah right, how would I know, if I ever do get a job, the first test I'll have to take is the piss test (I better study hard)! But at least thats what the Phish Heads at the last concert I attended told me "yeah that Aqua-Bridge thing is real cool"! j/k

632 Regal
09-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Derek A. is into marketing and is going to work on my site, maybe drop him a note. Once you get a GOOD site going and market it you wont need that real job after all? That is the goal isn't it? LOL

Bruno
09-17-2004, 04:29 PM
Yay, the power is back.

Yes, I build and sell the Aqua-Bridges, but it's kinda funny (not!), they don't sell all that well. Seems people think they really don't work. They don't understand the concept. I get many emails asking me how it works, but very few buyers!

Winfred, I like your idea, mind if I steal it and set one like that up for pictures. It would make a cool looking setup which may sell!

Oh yeah, the Aqua-Bridge is much cooler on halucenagens! Yeah right, how would I know, if I ever do get a job, the first test I'll have to take is the piss test (I better study hard)! But at least thats what the Phish Heads at the last concert I attended told me "yeah that Aqua-Bridge thing is real cool"! j/k

Welcome to my world... design a product, make it work, then try to sell it....
Even if it is the cheapest product in the world....

Everything is name recognition. If you are nobody then no one buys from you. Even if you are know they don't buy from you. But if you are Nike or Dinan, you can sell the worse crap in the world and make tons of profit on it...

Life sucks...

632 Regal
09-17-2004, 04:48 PM
best stuff since sliced bread, I dont see anything about it anywhere. As soon as I saw it I needed it and it didnt matter who you were. It was a product that I needed (even tho I didnt) so I still think its marketing.

MarkD
09-17-2004, 04:58 PM
:d

Mark,

aren't you going to change your sig to something like this : ???

------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Hall
'95 525iA EAT chipped
'95 525iA EWS EAT chipped (yep, I got two EAT chips)
------------------------------------------------------------

MarkD :D

MarkD
09-17-2004, 05:04 PM
Welcome to my world... design a product, make it work, then try to sell it....
Even if it is the cheapest product in the world....

Everything is name recognition. If you are nobody then no one buys from you. Even if you are know they don't buy from you. But if you are Nike or Dinan, you can sell the worse crap in the world and make tons of profit on it...

Life sucks...

That's true. For example, owners of BMW's up here in Toronto buy the Dinan software because they think they are getting some amazing waranty with it, even though most people have not noticed any real h.p. increase.

I've got OBD-II software that is noticably better than what Dinan sells (I've had a few people switch) but I hardly have any customers. Well maybe that will change. I just returned from programming an E36 M3 owned by a service advisor at BMW TORONTO...

Mark

warton
09-17-2004, 05:08 PM
http://www.edsaquarium.com/

Do you own "edsleftnut.com" too? The guy's got a domain name for everything! ;-)

Peter