PDA

View Full Version : New BMW TIS CDs

wengenstein
09-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey all.

I just got a new BMW ETK/TIS/ETM CD set (2004). And I expected the TIS to be a little lacking for the e34 but I was disappointed to find just how many "No information for selected note" messages I was seeing. :) For things like Brake repair all it really offers is the troubleshooting guide, it lacks any specific repair information.

What can you guys recommend? How easy is it to find older versions of these tools? And, how long does it usually take for stuff to start disappearing for any particular model? This is my first time using these tools (except for that online etk) so I'm still figuring stuff out.

Dennis

632 Regal
09-17-2004, 10:44 AM
I would suggest getting an older copy off ebay or similar. The costs are so low these days I wont even bother burning copies for people anymore. You dont need the 5 disk set, just the 2 disk set but I saw the 5 disks going for under 15 bux.

wengenstein
09-17-2004, 12:47 PM
Thats what I thought too but you can't really find anything but the 04 edition on ebay..at least not at the moment. I'm still looking around though :)

I would suggest getting an older copy off ebay or similar. The costs are so low these days I wont even bother burning copies for people anymore. You dont need the 5 disk set, just the 2 disk set but I saw the 5 disks going for under 15 bux.