PDA

View Full Version : I have a line on a used 750iL exhaust...

George M
09-16-2004, 07:10 AM
in very nice shape...only a couple of years old that I would like to retrofit to my 735iL...take a page out of Winfred's clever approach. The exhaust was purchased from Eurasian. Because the seller didn't have pictures yet , I called Eurasian trying to determine the mfr. of the exhaust and I spoke with the guy twice...was like talking to the wall both times...he said they didn't sell an exhaust for a 750iL...huh?...anyway that is where it came from.
Does anybody know what kind of exhausts that Eurasian sells for these cars? Do they sell the lower price models like Bosal or Ansa?...don't want one of those. Is there a way to tell if an exhaust is a Boysen or Eberspaecher either in person or by picutures...any identifying marks or stamping?
Thanks,
George

Bruno
09-16-2004, 07:39 AM
in very nice shape...only a couple of years old that I would like to retrofit to my 735iL...take a page out of Winfred's clever approach. The exhaust was purchased from Eurasian. Because the seller didn't have pictures yet , I called Eurasian trying to determine the mfr. of the exhaust and I spoke with the guy twice...was like talking to the wall both times...he said they didn't sell an exhaust for a 750iL...huh?...anyway that is where it came from.
Does anybody know what kind of exhausts that Eurasian sells for these cars? Do they sell the lower price models like Bosal or Ansa?...don't want one of those. Is there a way to tell if an exhaust is a Boysen or Eberspaecher either in person or by picutures...any identifying marks or stamping?
Thanks,
George

George, is your exhaust rusted? or damaged? or do you want to install it to get a better sound out of your car? heehe

George M
09-16-2004, 07:53 AM
Hi Bruno,
Yeah...my exhaust has had it at 150k miles...pretty remarkable run eh? It still sounds OK but the rear muffler looks scarey :p ....lots of holes in the exterior housing. I really don't want more noise...or much more noise for my car which as you well know...you have seen it....is close to a stock cruiser not a tuner car. Have made that mistake before and regretted it. I have corresponded with Winfred a bit and think his approach is terrific...an exhaust with a bit more breathing that will bolt right up except the forward flanging to the CAT which could be borrowed from the old exhaust and welded to the new. Eurasian is a pretty reputable house....but don't know what kind of exhausts they sell. I would like either a Boysen or Eberspaecher. I also have a line on a 735i exhaust which I could also use but would prefer the freer breathing of the V12 exhaust...Winfred really likes his. Other thing is, I really don't need a center resonator...as mine still looks good even after all these years...common for the Boysen rear muffler to fail before the center section.
George
PS: That E-36 racecar of yours looks like a blast.

Bruno
09-16-2004, 08:44 AM
The E36 is pretty neat, it is nice not having to worry about having to drive the car on the street when you are doing the mods, and it is fun to remove all the parts you don't need on the car, I still have to sort out a lot of the wiring that I need and the one I don't.

Right now I am trying to get a 528i or a 328i engine block to make a powerfull 328i with M50 non vanos head.
As for muffer, I will go headers straight to a muffler.