PDA

View Full Version : 99 528i question

nuwde
09-14-2004, 05:38 PM
hey guys, should i approach this oil change as i would a 92 525i? also any other maintenance things i should look for in this car? it drives well and everything should be in good shape. just wanted to double check. thanks!

edwin

Niko G
09-14-2004, 10:42 PM
Make sure that you use synthetic oil, if you dont you run the risk of the Vanos faulting before you make it out of your driveway. At the dealer the oil service is real simple, only other thing we change is the microfilters, unless its a low milage oil service in which all we replace is the oil filter and we dont reset the lights. On E39's real common underneath the car are rear ball joints and front cotrol arm bushings. At all services we check brake pad thickness and thats about it, hope this helps

Niko G
09-14-2004, 10:44 PM
Sorry meant thrust arm bushings

nuwde
09-15-2004, 01:07 AM
Make sure that you use synthetic oil, if you dont you run the risk of the Vanos faulting before you make it out of your driveway. At the dealer the oil service is real simple, only other thing we change is the microfilters, unless its a low milage oil service in which all we replace is the oil filter and we dont reset the lights. On E39's real common underneath the car are rear ball joints and front cotrol arm bushings. At all services we check brake pad thickness and thats about it, hope this helps

thanks a lot!