PDA

View Full Version : Radio Trouble

kyleN20
09-13-2004, 02:31 PM
i saw this thread a few days ago, about someone trying to install a new head unit in their 89 e34, i am doing the same thing, and i have the same problem, i get the unit to power up, but i can not for the life of me get any sound out what so ever. i ran a check by just running a 6x9 of the back of the radio, and that worked, so this kinda tells me that their is some central location or amp where all speakers are routed, and maybe a fuse is blow, i couldent tell you, any ideas on where a smp is or what may be the problem.

thanks alot

Kyle

Karl
09-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I ran into the same thing, with a unit I got used from a co-worker. So then I got a new one instead, and had the shop install it (free installation). Both were JVC CD players. Anyway, the shop tech then did the classic dope slap (palm to forehead) cuz he overlooked a connection, unique to BMW, that was in his regular procedure. Took him 5 minutes to fix it and all is fine.
See if the installer tech at your local friendly car audio shop will give you the secret handshake... ;)

kyleN20
09-13-2004, 05:58 PM
see, im trying to do it myself, because when i went to abc warehouse, they wanted 55 to rewire the whole thing, do you know what that tech did?