PDA

View Full Version : See you all after November.

Bill R.
09-13-2004, 12:47 AM

TC535i
09-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Hey Bill, girlfriend wants a printer... shoot me an email?

_timcollins_ATyahoo.com

Thanks...

Bellicose Right Winger
09-13-2004, 03:31 AM
Going to devote full time to bailing out the Kerry campaign :D ??

Paul Shovestul

billb
09-13-2004, 09:30 AM

ryan roopnarine
09-13-2004, 09:45 AM
50 days isn't THAT long, i guess....

Scott H
09-13-2004, 10:01 AM
chosing to take a less stressful path until the election is over. Don't blame you Bill.

This is why politics sucks completely. Both sides are just as guilty as the other.

I can't tell if the republicans have been making terrible decisions lately or if my viewpoints have been slowly changing over time, or if this administration has turned me off............but this weapons ban thing is the last straw for me. To see how simply the republicans played it this time around....Bush says "I would extend the bill if it ever hits my desk".....but the republican controlled legislative branch isn't going to do anything about getting it there. How convenient...Bush gets to appeal emotionally to the people who want the bill extended, but at the same time achieving the objective he wants all along to please his constituants. It would be funny if the extension actually came to fruition, and lands on Bush's desk.....then he would be flip-flop just like Kerry, and refuse to sign the bill.

I guess ultimately for me it's not that I am FOR Kerry, it's just that the current administration has gotten old, and it's time for something new. Maybe a terrible way to make a decision, but I've just been turned off a lot in the last 8 months, and I fear the next 4 years might be worse with more Bush than with Kerry.

Tiger
09-13-2004, 02:24 PM
HP Photosmart 7660 Printer $59.99, Sep 13
CircuitCity.com has the HP Photosmart 7660 Photo Printer 4800x1200dpi, 12ppm/11pm with Memory Card Slots on sale for $59.99 after rebate, free shipping. $120@Amazon

Cross your fingers and also send a copy of UPC for this: $50 rebate (Exp 9/30)

$40 rebate Exp 9/18/04

Jr ///M5
09-13-2004, 04:00 PM
There's no escape, Bill R. =) Big Brother is watching, you know...

tdgard
09-14-2004, 03:32 AM
But this weapons ban has just hit me just the wrong way. It was probably the dumbass statement from Atlanta's cheif of police that made my mind up.

"Young people are being killed on our streets," Atlanta police Chief Richard Pennington said. "A lot are being killed by assault weapons. The ban limited their ability to get them."

WTF did the TEN YEAR ban on a dozen specific weapons do then? TEN YEARS! According to him folks are still being killed by automatic weapons. How did it limit them? How many died by different methods? I think it's pure dipshit reasoning (if you can call it that) to think that any sort of ban will stop that kind of murder. Perhaps next we ban kitchen knives, lead pipes, bubble wrap and pillows--after all they can be instruments of death. These are pureblooded scumbags that do not care one bit what happens to anyone else. If automatic weapons will help them kill each other off--so be it.

I'm sick and tired of the pussification that is going on in the US. Confront the problem--not the article. We are raising a bunch of fat game cube playing sissies and creating excuses for the people who are causing the trouble (the automatic weapons made them do it).

Whew---I only get on those boxes about every four years. Forgive me, the next post will be about carbureators.

MicahO
09-14-2004, 07:07 AM
chosing to take a less stressful path until the election is over. Don't blame you Bill.

This is why politics sucks completely. Both sides are just as guilty as the other.

I can't tell if the republicans have been making terrible decisions lately or if my viewpoints have been slowly changing over time, or if this administration has turned me off............but this weapons ban thing is the last straw for me. To see how simply the republicans played it this time around....Bush says "I would extend the bill if it ever hits my desk".....but the republican controlled legislative branch isn't going to do anything about getting it there. How convenient...Bush gets to appeal emotionally to the people who want the bill extended, but at the same time achieving the objective he wants all along to please his constituants. It would be funny if the extension actually came to fruition, and lands on Bush's desk.....then he would be flip-flop just like Kerry, and refuse to sign the bill.

I guess ultimately for me it's not that I am FOR Kerry, it's just that the current administration has gotten old, and it's time for something new. Maybe a terrible way to make a decision, but I've just been turned off a lot in the last 8 months, and I fear the next 4 years might be worse with more Bush than with Kerry.

I can relate brother - after years as a middle of the road Republican, I can't help but think that the neocons steering the Bush administration (and to a certain extent they are steering Bush himself) are not really Republicans. Show me a fiscally conservative, small-government thinker, one who does not try to increase Government oversight in the bedroom OR the gun case, they get my vote. Until then, I'm voting for gridlock. Good, old-fashioned partisan gridlock. Cheering because the record breaking deficit is smaller than they said it would be a few months ago? That's not fiscally conservative. What's worse, tax and spend, or cut taxes and still spend?

--Micah

ps - Also agree on the Ban. It was tragically flawed, but it was a step that had to be taken (and I'm a lifetime NRA member, and I vote, and I still think the Ban should have been renewed).

pps - alternatively, if we could guarantee that the Democrats would take back the Senate, I might bother voting for Bush without fear of upsetting my "gridlock ticket."

Hector
09-14-2004, 08:36 AM
may perceive because of your actions, in the end you will be the winner and be at the top of your game cause in your mind you did the right thing. I assume you will be devoting most of your time to help those cross over from the elephant to donkey side as both candidates have their strong and weak points but we all know that elephant Man has the weakest... Good luck and see ya later.