PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for cracked head? Changing tomorow

PABLO
09-12-2004, 09:07 PM
Hey guys, do you have any suggestions because tomorow im taking the car to the mechanic to fix the cracked head (he thinks so) He thinks that its cracked because hoses are too tight and the system looses coolant(we dont know where). I have changed the head gasket and the problem keeps on.(also changed water pump thermostat, hoses, fun clutch)
I will apreciate any suggestions because the mechanic cant solve me the problem in once. So he keeps trying with my car and makes me waste money and time. So your experience will help me very much.
Thanks for your pecience as always.
(I hate to be so boring with this problem that trapped me 5 months ago.)
Pablo

Scott C
09-12-2004, 09:47 PM
Are you sure there is no other way to find this leak without changing the head? Seems like a desperation move (I have been in that position with my transmission prog issue) but maybe there is a dye or something you can put in to allow it to show up like AC refrigerant leaks?

Niko G
09-12-2004, 09:58 PM
know how to read spark plugs to tell if coolant is in the combustion chambers or test exhaust gasses if leaking into the exhaust side ? In either situation you would know if this was happening yourself. Is there water in the oil ? There is dye that you can put into the coolant but you need a black light to see it. If your having such a problem with the guy why not go to the dealer ?

632 Regal
09-13-2004, 11:09 AM
I think you need a new mechanic, with as much money as you probably have wasted it might be well worth getting a second oppinion.