PDA

View Full Version : damnit, does anyone know where the FPR vacuum hose on an m50 connects to?

ryan roopnarine
09-10-2004, 12:43 PM
went out to take a look at the vacuum hose attached to it (where winfred suggested to do the water induction). very lightly checked the slack, and thought to myself, "this is a hell of a long hose"...until i get to the end of it. anyone know where it goes? etk doe4sn't show. i would estimate that its been disconnected for 18k miles, might explain my city gas mileage and my ping. thanks.

632 Regal
09-10-2004, 01:17 PM
:d :d :d

AllanS
09-10-2004, 02:41 PM
The regulator on the m50 is attached to the fuel rail, correct? the vacuum line at the bottom should hook up to the intake manifold. I think it's supposed to raise fuel pressure depending on how much vacuum it senses (or doesn't sens) from the manifold, so that could be a reason why your m50 is pinging- not enough fuel at higher revs or higher load.

winfred
09-10-2004, 02:49 PM
it usually connects to the bottom of the plenum by where the two fuel lines pass under the intake

winfred
09-10-2004, 03:46 PM
it drops fuel pressure about 5 psi with full vacuum

I think it's supposed to raise fuel pressure depending on how much vacuum it senses (or doesn't sens) from the manifold, so that could be a reason why your m50 is pinging- not enough fuel at higher revs or higher load.

ryan roopnarine
09-11-2004, 04:33 AM
it usually connects to the bottom of the plenum by where the two fuel lines pass under the intake

pardon my ignorance. EVERYTHING under my intake manifold if f'd up, ie, all of the electronic wires and hoses were shove fitted and not screwed down. are you saying that there's a nipple on the intake manifold? i know i'll end up asking MANY questions of you before i find it, it looks like crap under there.

ryan roopnarine
09-11-2004, 10:20 AM
nevermind, i finally saw it where you mentioned in the daylight. thanks.

ryan roopnarine
09-11-2004, 10:38 AM
immediate results.....cold start idle is down about 200 rpm, pinging has moved up to about 2500 rpm before it starts occuring. will give the computer a little while to see what it wants to do.