PDA

View Full Version : Wrong ECU Fitted

James?
09-10-2004, 04:20 AM
HAs anyone ever come accross this scenario my 89 530I has an ECU from a 89 535I fitted in it now the car runs fine and has done for the 6 months i have had it was fitted pre my ownership but i only found out after i bought a chip for it which is the wrong one now, erse, however put my car head to head with my frinds 89 530I and i leave him for dead?!?!? likewise with overtaking on the motorway i have loads more oomph!?!? anyone else done this mod?

winfred
09-10-2004, 08:31 AM
theres not too many compatable models on this side of the pond to do that, generally they only imported one displacement of motor per wiring design at a time

HAs anyone ever come accross this scenario my 89 530I has an ECU from a 89 535I fitted in it now the car runs fine and has done for the 6 months i have had it was fitted pre my ownership but i only found out after i bought a chip for it which is the wrong one now, erse, however put my car head to head with my frinds 89 530I and i leave him for dead?!?!? likewise with overtaking on the motorway i have loads more oomph!?!? anyone else done this mod?