PDA

View Full Version : Car doesn't like to accelerate.

bjl4776
09-09-2004, 04:41 PM
With the my recent turbo install on my M50, the car doesn't like to accelerate past like 3000rpms or so, it chjanges every now and then. It isn't running lean but is running like it isn't getting any more fuel to goto higher revs. It is only doing it under load. It revs fine will im in nuetral. Now with the turbo i put new injectors and an adjustable FPR. Could either of these be bad. I'v noticed that sometimes when it happens my FPR is running way too high, so i back off of it and it seems fine for awhile and it starts up again. The car ran fine with the stock injectors with the new FPR, but now with the new injectors it is starting. This weekend im gonna take the intake piping off the turbo and see if it will run fine NA, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I took the vacuum line off of the FPR because i noticed under boost it drops the pressure, but the same problem occured. So i am guessing the injectors are bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope its not the injectors cause then ill have to run NA till i get new ones cause of detination

Mr Project
09-09-2004, 05:36 PM
Changed the fuel filter lately?

bjl4776
09-09-2004, 07:12 PM
Probably about 25-30k miles ago. If i have time ill try that this weekend too.

RobPatt
09-09-2004, 08:54 PM
just a thought... and probably better than the smart-a_s remark I'd originally though of, like "it's the right pedal". Alright, light hearted here, been a long day... but I'm wishing you the best with the turbo M50! cheers.

With the my recent turbo install on my M50, the car doesn't like to accelerate past like 3000rpms or so, it chjanges every now and then. It isn't running lean but is running like it isn't getting any more fuel to goto higher revs. It is only doing it under load. It revs fine will im in nuetral. Now with the turbo i put new injectors and an adjustable FPR. Could either of these be bad. I'v noticed that sometimes when it happens my FPR is running way too high, so i back off of it and it seems fine for awhile and it starts up again. The car ran fine with the stock injectors with the new FPR, but now with the new injectors it is starting. This weekend im gonna take the intake piping off the turbo and see if it will run fine NA, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. I took the vacuum line off of the FPR because i noticed under boost it drops the pressure, but the same problem occured. So i am guessing the injectors are bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I hope its not the injectors cause then ill have to run NA till i get new ones cause of detination

mholbrook
09-09-2004, 11:05 PM
I'm betting on the fuel filter too. One bad load of gas is all it takes to toast the fuel filter. Hopefully you are buying premium fuel at a reputable station that sells a lot of gas. Especially with that turbo spinning.

bjl4776
09-10-2004, 12:18 PM
The computer is getting confused cause of the turbo but the smt6 is on the way. But that doesn't seem to be the probelm im having cause the check engine light isn't coming on when it happens like it does when it starts getting boost. It seems to be a mechanical fuel problem, not an electrical one. Ill try the fuel filter this weekend and if it doesn't work, ill work back on putting stock fuel components back on.