PDA

View Full Version : What is this and where shoud it fit ?

Black530i
09-08-2004, 08:32 AM
Hi,
Upon inspecting my M20 525i (1989), Dutch (Euro) model, I found this sensor (?) which seemingly is disconnected. But I can't find where it should be connected to and I also don't know what it does.

The electrical lead (top left one) goes into the cable-tree.
The other one (non-electrical, bottom left one) goes to some kind of the filter in the left-front of the car, next to the powersteering fluid reservoir.

What does it do and where should I connect it to ?

Thanks,

Ed,
The Netherlands

winfred
09-08-2004, 08:37 AM
it's part of the fuel vapor system and is usually connected to vacuum

Black530i
09-08-2004, 11:44 AM
OK.. Thanks.. The problem, however, is that I can't find any vacuum spot I can attach it to. Should it attach to the gas house ? Or to the rubber hose in between the air-meter and the gas house ?

The car doesn't seem to run any different, so perhaps the previous owner made some modification such that there is no more vacuum spot to connect it at ?

Ed

winfred
09-08-2004, 11:50 AM
you have a m20 that's easy then it goes onto a nipple on the bottom of the throttle body (at least on usa cars)

OK.. Thanks.. The problem, however, is that I can't find any vacuum spot I can attach it to. Should it attach to the gas house ? Or to the rubber hose in between the air-meter and the gas house ?

The car doesn't seem to run any different, so perhaps the previous owner made some modification such that there is no more vacuum spot to connect it at ?

Ed