PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Margate, FL area? Cheap '90 535 FS there...

billb
09-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Just saw it on AutoTrader. Located at 7120 Southgate Blvd, at Nosh's Southgate Mobil. Listed for sale at $1500 or best offer, needs minor (their words) transmission work. Might be something to look at...I would if it wasn't 800 miles away! Not sure if manual or auto, guessing auto. Brian C., here's your first project!

:p

Brian C.
09-07-2004, 10:00 PM
That's about 20 minutes from my house, but it would only sit in front of my house and turn into a leaf magnet. Hhmmmm.....Pat P lives real close to Margate..... :p

Brian C.

billb
09-08-2004, 09:19 AM
It could probably be had for about $1200...make a nice fixer-upper!

Wish I lived closer, and could see/hear/feel it - if it was a 5-spd, I might consider adding it to the fleet and selling off the 525iA...

:D

Brian C.
09-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Just because who may have our third major hurricane in less than a month this coming weekend??? What's so stressful about that?

Oy vey!....I'm movin' to the mountains.

Brian C.
;)

ryan roopnarine
09-08-2004, 09:35 AM
helga needs work
the only place i can do that work is in orlando
i've been delayed by two consecutive hurricanes from using the highway to get to orlando
i will be severely pissed if there is a third
nothing more

rickm
09-08-2004, 10:03 AM
Oy vey!....I'm movin' to the mountains.

Do it!

Let's see...most of the low lying areas are under water. I live up high, we're ok. Why in the hell you'd live in a floodplain is beyond me. :P

Water is out here in the valley, no telling when it will be restored. People are lining up with buckets to use the can.

Electricity has been flickering all day. It must suck not to have a bank of UPS next to you. :D

http://www.citizentimes.com/photogallery/gallery?id=586

JR'Z 525
09-08-2004, 11:43 AM
as I was watching channel 13 while eating my lunch. Asheville and some of the small mountain towns have been nailed pretty hard by Frances. I was in Anderson SC yeserday for a Dr appt and portions of Clemson Blvd were down to the two center lanes.
Ready for some sun shine and to hell with Ivan!
John R.

Do it!

Let's see...most of the low lying areas are under water. I live up high, we're ok. Why in the hell you'd live in a floodplain is beyond me. :P

Water is out here in the valley, no telling when it will be restored. People are lining up with buckets to use the can.

Electricity has been flickering all day. It must suck not to have a bank of UPS next to you. :D

G Feller
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
I did enjoy pics 9 and 10, however: "She had driven her car into the flooded river . . . ." Did she really want to be rescued?

rickm
09-08-2004, 12:56 PM
It's pretty bad. If it was flat here this wouldn't be such an issue but so much of this town is built on the flood plain. The Biltmore area is/was under 4'+ of water - this area is a major artery for folks leaving to get to I40.

A few years ago we had a flood, I watched a guy drive into the water. The road went under, he chugged straight into it. Why? He was on his way to Hardee's, like he does daily, he didn't want to miss it. He almost lost his life on that one. At least now they will arrest you for driving around the signs.

I know where she drove into at, they had started evacuating people, that road is very poorly lit. Not too far from where she went in I saw a little Pontiac GrandAm bobbing it's way down the river.

The much hated WalMart that is going in...right on the banks of the river....is under also. I might head out with the camera and take some pictures of that one.

Someday FEMA or the State will ban building on historial flood plains. Buy the land, move the businesses. Much cheaper than paying out flood damages every year. :P