PDA

View Full Version : FS: EAT Chip and 525i

dunderchief
09-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi guys,

Haven't been around for a while since I went over to the darkside ( I bought a 240sx ). Now it's time to get rid of the ole Bimmer and move on, as much as I hate it.

First I'd like to give someone the oportunity to save some money on an EAT chip. It's for a 1992 M50 525i manual. I'll get the ECU number if necessary. The rev limit is increased on the chip. Say $150 shipped.

I've also got my 1992 525iM up for sale. I really loved this car, but it was just too much. Went with something smaller and easier. It has 111,000 miles on it, with the last 20000 being mostly trips back and forth from school. Interior has no holes or serious blemish's and really looks good for a 12 year old car. The motor runs strong and smooth. This is a late 92 so it is the M50 non Vanos motor. Color is Alpine White and interior is blue. I'm happy to do any level of custom stereo install in it before it leaves, but at the moment it's got a Pioneer CD deck in it. I'm asking $6500. I live in Bend, OR and am in the process of moving back to Corvallis for the year. I'm happy to meet people just about anywhere in Oregon.

nuwde
09-08-2004, 12:24 AM
will the eat chip fit in a 92 525iA?

dunderchief
09-08-2004, 03:22 AM

Don't believe so, no. Worth a check though.

-Steve

MarkD
09-08-2004, 07:56 AM

If you have the same DME in your car, it will work. The chip that is for sale is an E34-402.0R, which has a raised rev. limit. You can use that, the tranmission may just shift before you reach the limiter. (The raised limit is not required with an auto)

Mark

dunderchief
09-08-2004, 11:15 AM
Thanks Mark, you're the man. Just thought I'd let someone who would appreciate it enjoy the chip, hopefully as much as I have.

Vegas Nite Owl
09-16-2004, 12:35 AM
Hi guys,

Haven't been around for a while since I went over to the darkside ( I bought a 240sx ). Now it's time to get rid of the ole Bimmer and move on, as much as I hate it.

First I'd like to give someone the oportunity to save some money on an EAT chip. It's for a 1992 M50 525i manual. I'll get the ECU number if necessary. The rev limit is increased on the chip. Say $150 shipped.

I've also got my 1992 525iM up for sale. I really loved this car, but it was just too much. Went with something smaller and easier. It has 111,000 miles on it, with the last 20000 being mostly trips back and forth from school. Interior has no holes or serious blemish's and really looks good for a 12 year old car. The motor runs strong and smooth. This is a late 92 so it is the M50 non Vanos motor. Color is Alpine White and interior is blue. I'm happy to do any level of custom stereo install in it before it leaves, but at the moment it's got a Pioneer CD deck in it. I'm asking $6500. I live in Bend, OR and am in the process of moving back to Corvallis for the year. I'm happy to meet people just about anywhere in Oregon.

Vegas Nite Owl
09-16-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi guys,

Let me know if you still have this. Also is there a projected life use for this chip.
In other words do they go bad after a certain time.
Also, give me your email address so I may talk to you on the phone.

Thanks!!

dunderchief
09-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Hey there,

I still have it but I need to know if you're seriously interested as someone is coming to look at the car in the next couple of days and I'd like to get it out of there if I can maybe sell it. My email is strongr "at" onid.orst.edu. Lemme know and I'll pull it out this afternoon.

-Steve