PDA

View Full Version : 95 525it- a little help...

wagonshmagon
09-06-2004, 06:27 PM
The rear washer fluid reservoir of my 95 525it has sprung a leak. I am hoping to laminate the leaky part with some plastic adhesive I bought.

Has anyone ever removed their rear washer reservoir? Removing the bolts and most of the attached cables/tubes is easy enough, except that black rubber hose leading to/from the filler hole is a challenge (spent all Sunday afternoon attempting to do it). Am wary of tugging at the hose and tearing it (and ending up in a bigger hole than I'm in).

Thanks in advance.

Bill R.
09-06-2004, 07:36 PM
http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/touringwasher.jpg
The rear washer fluid reservoir of my 95 525it has sprung a leak. I am hoping to laminate the leaky part with some plastic adhesive I bought.

Has anyone ever removed their rear washer reservoir? Removing the bolts and most of the attached cables/tubes is easy enough, except that black rubber hose leading to/from the filler hole is a challenge (spent all Sunday afternoon attempting to do it). Am wary of tugging at the hose and tearing it (and ending up in a bigger hole than I'm in).

Thanks in advance.

wagonshmagon
09-07-2004, 12:53 PM
Thanks Bill, but can anyone offer tips on how to remove the filler hose (#3) without tearing it? It's stuck on pretty tight, and it looks pretty flimsy/easy to tear.

Mr Project
09-07-2004, 01:26 PM
I like to soak offending hoses in PB Blaster, and then use a twisting motion to break them free of the nipple without breaking the nipple itself.

Of course there is the 'cut off with sharp olfa knife' method as well, and then you just stretch the hose to reach the extra inch or so that you sliced off.

No specific experience with the touring, though....

wagonshmagon
09-07-2004, 01:32 PM
MP, thanks for the tip. I've never used PB Blaster before. Is it similar to WD 40 (which I have on hand)? I'd like to save myself a trip to the corner auto parts store, so if WD 40 would do the job (without harming the rubber hose), I may just go that route.

Thanks!

Mr Project
09-07-2004, 02:33 PM
WD-40 is weak-sauce in comparison. :) Think Pace Picante 'hot' compared to Dave's Insanity Sauce 'hot'. :)

That said, if you have it it can't hurt to try. And PB Blaster is not real nice to seriously deteriorated rubber, though it would probably be fine on an interior part like that. WD-40 would not be a worry at all. Just try to aim it more on the 'joint' to avoid just making the hose slippery while you try to 'twist'.

wagonshmagon
09-07-2004, 04:13 PM
Got it. Thanks MP!

632 Regal
09-07-2004, 05:40 PM
Got it. Thanks MP!

wagonshmagon
09-07-2004, 06:15 PM
Ok. I have one of those tiny screwdrivers that I think are used for watch repairs. I have no idea where I got that from.

I've made notes and will try all of this for this weekend. Thank god it's already Tuesday.