PDA

View Full Version : Bruno’s Delrin inserts, help!

525SEI BRIT
09-05-2004, 07:33 PM
Hi all, hopping somebody can help me out with Bruno’s Delrin inserts! All the information I’ve found so far is kinda brief! I am fairly mechanically competent but I have a few questions. I finally got round to getting under the car this weekend to check them out and found that on my 525 there is a gap between the inside of the outer subframe (trailing arm) mount and its bracket but not on the outside of this mount.
Am I to assume the inserts are to be placed in-between the outer trailing arm mount and the bracket on the chasse in order to fill this gap?
Also mine sine to have tapered inside edge i.e. the inside hole is bigger on one side than the other! (55mm diameter one side 52mm the other!) Dose it make a deference witch way round they go?
Could this be why some people have experienced squeaking?

Russell
09-05-2004, 08:24 PM
Remove (pry out) the old triangular shaped inserts (mine were blue). There are only two. Then fit the new inserts on each side of the bushing. There are four red inserts. Take care to fit them properly around the triangular shaped portion of the bushing. There appears to be only one way they can fit.

As far as I know,I am the only person who had squeaks after installation. I sprayed "super lub, a synthetic lube" on the bushings and no more squeaks.

Hi all, hopping somebody can help me out with Bruno’s Delrin inserts! All the information I’ve found so far is kinda brief! I am fairly mechanically competent but I have a few questions. I finally got round to getting under the car this weekend to check them out and found that on my 525 there is a gap between the inside of the outer subframe (trailing arm) mount and its bracket but not on the outside of this mount.
Am I to assume the inserts are to be placed in-between the outer trailing arm mount and the bracket on the chasse in order to fill this gap?
Also mine sine to have tapered inside edge i.e. the inside hole is bigger on one side than the other! (55mm diameter one side 52mm the other!) Dose it make a deference witch way round they go?
Could this be why some people have experienced squeaking?

MBXB
09-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Pry out the green or blue original inserts, and the red replacements should slide right in. There is only one way for them to fit.

525SEI BRIT
09-05-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks for your help but I think I’m now more confused than before!!! I don’t recall seeing any triangular shaped inserts preinstalled! I only have 2 do I need 4? I’m I even looking in the right place? I’m feeling a bit stupid now like I’m missing something! I will have another look tomorrow and perhaps take some pics!

mholbrook
09-05-2004, 08:51 PM
This would be a good time for Bruno to chime in. I installed mine but as I recall, I just removed the metal piece with 3 or 4 fasteners. 19mm bolt in center of bushing and 2 or 3 13?mm bolts holding the metal piece to the frame. Inserted the Bruno piece and put the 3 or 4 bolts back in. I did not pry or remove any triangular shaped piece of anything out. Now I'm wondering if I screwed up?!!! As I recall, Bruno send me an email indicating to do just what I did.

Russell
09-05-2004, 09:00 PM
When I read the post I jumped to the consclusion that you meant the front thrust arm inserts as I had a squeaking problem upon their installation. Ignore my previous post. Sorry.

The rear sub frame bushings were easy, just remove the three bolts slide the circular ring like blue spacer in and reinstall. Torque the large bolt to about 95 lbs. and you are done.

Thanks for your help but I think I’m now more confused than before!!! I don’t recall seeing any triangular shaped inserts preinstalled! I only have 2 do I need 4? I’m I even looking in the right place? I’m feeling a bit stupid now like I’m missing something! I will have another look tomorrow and perhaps take some pics!

525SEI BRIT
09-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Bet he wishes he supplied a set of instructions with the product now after all the inquires, at least im not the only one whose had problems!