PDA

View Full Version : Parking Light delete -- please help

Torque
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Ever since I got the car I wanted to get rid of parking lights... I think it looks much better when only the low beams are on without the orange next to them... plus that way I can only have the fog's on without anything else.

I thought it was going to be easy. I took the bulbs out and blocked off the pins for the parking lights, but as soon as I fired the lights up I got the ugly 'PARKING LIGHT' warning. :( Well, my question is: Is there a way to trick the LKM into believing that the bulbs are ok when i block off the pin on the bulb or whatever ?

I know that I could route the wire that is used for the parking light elsewhere and hook it up to a bulb that i could just put somewher under the hood... so the LKM can be satisfied, but I don't feel like having a christmas tree under the hood either.

Thanks a lot guys, and sorry if this is a repost... I tried searching and came up with nothing.

e34
09-03-2004, 03:02 AM
go with the euro smily elipsoid thats what i did, so right now when i put the position lights on the day time light turns on and fog lights and not the head light, they look great at night, dont need the headlight light sence u have street light to bright up the road, so thats one way or u can just wire one of the wires (the one for the parking light NOT turnsignal) to the side makers or something, but i would go with the euro lights smliy, or the new ones with angel eyes, they look also good, but if u do get the angel light get the eyebrows also this will cut the circle angel eye sence no original bmw angel eye light is a full circle. Hope that give u some idea.

Torque
09-03-2004, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the input.

I think I might just go with the smileys.

btw. Where are you from ? Looking at your sig I came to a conclusion that you are from somewhere in the Former Yugoslavia like me.

e34
09-03-2004, 02:26 PM
naa i live in Phoenix, AZ, ali jesam ziveu u Uzicu, sad to je Srbija I Crnagora

Torque
09-03-2004, 03:57 PM
That's what I meant to say. I'm from Sarajevo. Sorry, can't type in our native language as our english-speaking friends might get mad.

e34
09-03-2004, 10:37 PM
yea my mom went to collage there in sarajevo, man i remember when i used to go there to my moms aunts house, before the war. It was nice, im planing to go there maybe next summer when i got o serbia to see whats going on, i got few friends there.