PDA

View Full Version : OT what is this world coming to?

G Feller
09-02-2004, 12:26 PM
. . . when a 40-year-old woman can't feed her baby properly?

This is a quote from an article about Brian C. and Ryan and Co.'s new best friend, Frances:

Patricia Thomas, 40, of Vero Beach, had trouble finding gas for her BMW coupe because no stations had premium fuel.

"I just want to fill up my car and get far away from here," she said, her eyes puffy and red. "I'm mad, I'm frustrated, I'm scared. I'm not in a good place right now."

It's not the end of the world to feed a premium-fuel car a tank of 87, is it?

Hurricanes make great news, but I don't envy you East-Coast Floridians right about now. Be safe.

ryan roopnarine
09-02-2004, 12:45 PM
i only fill up on friday, sat and sun cause the citgo on the corner pricematches 93 and 89, and helga runs exceptionally well on their stuff. i might regret it if there's nothing left come tomorrow. and since when do most women (aside those that work on their cars themselves) care about octane? all the cars they sell today come with knock sensors......not a single girl i know with the celica gt (that takes 91) acutally fills it with that.

was gonna go home monday, but it looks like they are gonna convert most of the major highways that lead away from the coast into one way roads (on both sides)........so that might be impossible.

. . . when a 40-year-old woman can't feed her baby properly?

This is a quote from an article about Brian C. and Ryan and Co.'s new best friend, Frances:

Patricia Thomas, 40, of Vero Beach, had trouble finding gas for her BMW coupe because no stations had premium fuel.

"I just want to fill up my car and get far away from here," she said, her eyes puffy and red. "I'm mad, I'm frustrated, I'm scared. I'm not in a good place right now."

It's not the end of the world to feed a premium-fuel car a tank of 87, is it?

Hurricanes make great news, but I don't envy you East-Coast Floridians right about now. Be safe.

ryan roopnarine
09-02-2004, 01:13 PM
slight update.....there's a miami bus service bus parked at the end of my apartment...for those of you that don't know, a lot of people originally from miami and s. florida attend Uf and FSU, so there's a $40 bus service that runs from tallahassee->miami and gainesville->miami and reverses on sundays (to bring people back). i think that they initiated the reverse routes on thursday so that ppl that wanted to get out of miami could wait things out in their kids' apartments, and that's why the bus is holed up there. pretty clever, when i think about it. UF is shut down officially tomorrow, and i have some brake pads in the closet, so i may as well scoot down to the autozone and rent the caliper tool and buy some brk. cleaner and "git r done" in the parking lot here.

632 Regal
09-02-2004, 03:06 PM
you going to put the pads on when the eye passes over?

rickm
09-02-2004, 03:18 PM
He'll harness the power of Frances to get that tire off of his rim. ;)

This one is gonna be scary...F cane's usually wup NC pretty bad. Floyd was enough to last me for a while.

ryan roopnarine
09-02-2004, 03:34 PM
um, no, i'm going to do them in the next hour or so......i use my car as a livery vehicle and have to work during the next three days (if it spares us)...so i'd rather go to the parts store tonight or tomorrow before work if i need anything. its still miserably hot outside, just the wind picked up a clip.

you going to put the pads on when the eye passes over?

ryan roopnarine
09-02-2004, 04:25 PM
of course, when it rains, it pours.....front brakes have thick @ss pads, rears changed two months ago.....changed the front sensor, no dice. will have to check the back tomorrow. i hope it isn't check control problems.

Brian C.
09-02-2004, 05:12 PM
I, being either overly anal or unusually perseptive, generally do funny things when storms appear. I go to the ATM and get a few $100, and I try to fill my tank when most of my errands are done. These things I try to get done a day or two before most people hear the TV guys tell them to. So I filled up last night after work when there was no line. So this morning after the word got out that, "Hey, maybe you should fill your tank before the storm.", the lines were forming by 10am. Now, many places are sold out and some people are in their retarded state of semi-panic thinking, "Gee! How come the Government didn't TELL US that we should get gas????" Huhhhhhhhh........ It takes A LOT of patience to live down here. Luckily I can use my Dodge Ram Mean Machine work van during times of mobilizations. Heh-heh....I can also use the gas card and department pumps too! :) :)

I've been home since noon trying to get things put away and garbage bagged up in case of a water leak. I don't have hurricane shutters at my house :( , so my big fear will be if something airborn goes through a window. Other than that, my place is kinda like a little bunker. I just hope the roof holds. We may not get winds higher than 80mph(!)here, so I'm hoping somebody likes me up there. OOPS!!! Sorry George!! I didn't mean to sound etherial. "F" hour sounds like it's gonna be around sundown to midnight Friday! Sounds like fun, HUH!!

Back to work....

Brian C.