PDA

View Full Version : Check Control won't reset

Ian Dodd
09-01-2004, 11:21 PM
Haven't been around the forum for a while (no need--the good news). Good to be back.

I took the '95 525i in yesterday to have a turn signal fixed (right turn signal wouldn't turn off) and a brake light replaced. Went to pick up the car today and my mechanic explained that he had traced down a faulty socket and turn signal switch. But, to his consternation (and now mine), the Check Control--Owners Manual light on the dash won't reset. He said the wiring diagrams on the 95s are all f----ed up and the control unit won't let him reset it.

When I first got in today, the Check Control warning came on but went over to regular OBC functions as soon as I pushed the turn signal lever control. But now that doesn't get rid of it. When I push the Check Control button on the instrument cluster it goes off for a moment then comes back on.

Any bright ideas? Thanks in advance.

winfred
09-01-2004, 11:44 PM
nothing to reset when the problem is fixed the message goes away (unless the ccm is dieing) the root problem could be there, the 95 is not that much different then the 93 and 94 in terms of body wiring and the control units are the same

Ian Dodd
09-01-2004, 11:52 PM
nothing to reset when the problem is fixed the message goes away (unless the ccm is dieing) the root problem could be there, the 95 is not that much different then the 93 and 94 in terms of body wiring and the control units are the same

Well, that's just the thing: the problem was fixed and NOW the message is showing up. By "ccm" I guess you're meaning something like "computer control module"? How big a deal is this to change if it is dieing on me? Thanks.

winfred
09-02-2004, 08:32 AM
check control module, it's the smaller of the two big boxes in the fuse box, don't just go buy one till you've exhausted all other options they don't go out often, if the warning is comeing up after work suspect the work, the system looks for differences in resistance from one side to the other, they may of put the wrong style of bulb in there or the other side could be corroded, there may be a loose connection

Well, that's just the thing: the problem was fixed and NOW the message is showing up. By "ccm" I guess you're meaning something like "computer control module"? How big a deal is this to change if it is dieing on me? Thanks.