PDA

View Full Version : PlugNplay HID? Euro ellipsoid w/angeleyes, In.Pro?

rockyfeller
09-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Anybody know of a plug-n-play HID system that WON'T give a low-beam warning on the display....I wouldn't be able to live with that and a relay system sounds complicated....I was hoping to self-install.

Also I know these are not as good as Hellas but does anybody have these headlights yet? (I'm sure most of you will say they're garbage since they're not German) The price is silly though! And they have the built-in angeleyes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7919069732&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://www.procarparts.com/store-detail.asp?sku=BM8934%2D10372PJ1&dbname=onlinestoreDB

So...Ebay dosen't always have the best price!

OG Hellas have phenomenal high beams but crap low beams. How are these with the high beams? Originally we were all waiting for the MTS headlights from Germany but I hear that In.Pro makes a high quality German set like the one I descibed above. I wouldn't mind paying more for quality. Anyone know where to get In.Pro products?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7915621086&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

e34
09-01-2004, 03:29 PM
hey i got the ebay projector smily lights with day time and the low beam are super but the high beam is **** its horrible. But they seem ok.

rockyfeller
09-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Hmm I wonder if there is a way to combine the low beams from aftermarket but retain the excellent Hella highbeams....Do your set use H1 bulbs? Supposed to brighter than the 9005s. What's so horrible about your highbeam, does it scatter?

Michael Abrahams
09-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Here are my thoughts on these lights....

In.Pro is made in Germany so, we should believe that they make good products. Well some of their products are nice while others aren't not so well made.

Yes Hella's products are expensive but, if you want the best you have the spend the money. If you guys are concerned about Hella european ellipsoids pricing, then check us out: www.abrahamsmotorsport.com

Those procar-parts lights; I believe they are Taiwanese made. When I imported some european ellipsoids by the company (I forgot the company name) no one wanted to buy any.

Also if you look close at the ebay auction, those angel eyes (when they show at night) they are from an E39.

If you are looking for something that is bright, my recommendation is Hella EEs with HID or if you don't want to go HID, 100watt H1 bulbs are you best bet.

rockyfeller
09-03-2004, 12:41 AM
I checked out some H1 bulbs at my friend's auto store and compared to my original 9005s they look positively tiny. If I got 100watt H1s wouldn't they fry the wiring or harness? I'm sure it's meant to handle no more than 65 watts. I did do that once on my ol Merc. I had 100 watt bulbs put in once by some mechanic who put in some kind of relay and that worked fine.

rockyfeller
09-03-2004, 12:47 AM
By the way Michael, I did buy Hella clear tails and corners and may I say I am a very satisfied customer (I have your stickers/t-shirt and I am actively advertising for you), and as I remember your service was perfect....My question is..your smoked Euro Hella headlights....do they have the "city-light" like the regular euros? Also what do you think of setting up smoked headlights with HID?? I don't know if anyone tried that one yet!

bighc2000
09-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Those procar-parts lights; I believe they are Taiwanese made. When I imported some european ellipsoids by the company (I forgot the company name) no one wanted to buy any.

I installed these light and am happy with them. The quality is not Hella of course but they are much better than my oem (91) lights. They are made by Depo.

Michael Abrahams
09-03-2004, 09:49 AM
Rockyfeller,

Thanks for your support!

The european ellipsoids (Hellas) does include the city-light.... In Europe, they had ellipsoids and euro ellipsoids; while we had sealed beams and US ellipsoids. There are different versions of ellipsoids; some call the H4 'euro' ellipsoids as well but they do not include the city light have a different light pattern.

Smoked EEs with HIDs? That would work well. Remember, just because they are smoked, doesn't mean they let less light out, it's a small plastic baffle that is inside the light, to make it look like the lense is smoked. Very trick!

Again thanks for your support!

Michael Abrahams
09-03-2004, 09:51 AM
It all depends... I mean if the EEs can take HID, 100watt; shouldn't be a problem. I don't have first hand on these ofcourse....

Also there are different bulbs that omit a brighter light, I believe Osrams bulbs are the brightest but I don't believe they sell them in the US.

Tiger
09-03-2004, 09:58 AM
I have Smoked Hella with HID... the smoke part has nothing to do with light... it is just an illusion of non-active part of headlight.

Tiger
09-03-2004, 10:00 AM
If you have any question about my setup Rocky... let me know.

rockyfeller
09-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Dang Tiger, I guess it's all been done before huh? Well I would really appreciate a pic on how it looks, I imagine it looks great. I know the smoked look won't affect output but I always thought smoked headlight have a blacked out mirrored reflector instead of a chrome colored reflector. That's interesting how they are blacked out differently. So...do your set use h1 bulbs for HID? Whose HID kit did you go for? It's hard to find them locally as they're slowly beginning to be banned. I see them on Ebay for <$300 but who's to trust? I don't want some cheapo knock-offs but I don't want to pay $500. I know Phillips/Hella balasts are what to look for. How did you get rid of the low-beam warning and did you have to rewire a new harness for the headlights? (sorry for the 1000 questions!) Thanks!

rockyfeller
09-03-2004, 11:11 PM
bighc2000, where did you purchase those Depo lights? How is the beam pattern? Low-beam on my OG ellipsoids sucked. Is the high beam effective? Are the angel-eyes bright?

rockyfeller
09-03-2004, 11:22 PM
Of course Michael, good service has to be commended. I have to make sure that people like you and Mark D (EAT chip) get good feedback from your happy and satisfied customers. You guys stay active on the forum and really go the extra mile to show you care. I like that. So other people will have the comfort of knowing this many people can trust you and know their money is well spent. Well, I am still gathering ideas.....I am on a budget but that smoked EE with HID and adding nice quality angel-eyes sounds like a great idea. We'll see gotta see how everything pans out for my front end repair. (I'm the dude who posted I hit a deer) Know what's worse? Today some moron at the gym parking lot scraped the side of the rear bumper on my rental Altima...ARRRRGH! Not having a good week!!

Tiger
09-04-2004, 09:39 AM
1000 questions?! Augh! I done it back in 2001... cost me dearly but loved it! Yes, I have H1 HID so it is just drop in... no modification. That shop I bought the H1 HID will not sell... liability thing. I believe you can request it at suvlights.com. My entire HID is all Phillips.

Low beam warning is easy... just a relay/resistor kit that I made... very easy work... It basically fools the computer that the bulb is fine.