PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a bad seat or window switch f/s?

rbeaud
09-01-2004, 08:49 AM
Recently while repairing the nonfunctioning head rest, the whole seat was removed from the car. During that time, the power seat adjustment module fell apart. I managed to loose one of the teeny tiny springs that sits under the barbell (two per).

Does anyone have a defective switch that could supply a spring?

Cheers,

Roland

rbeaud
09-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Recently while repairing the nonfunctioning head rest, the whole seat was removed from the car. During that time, the power seat adjustment module fell apart. I managed to loose one of the teeny tiny springs that sits under the barbell (two per).

Does anyone have a defective switch that could supply a spring?

Cheers,

Roland

PhilipJCaputo
09-02-2004, 07:04 PM
sorry man..... I don't, but I was curious about your head rest repair.....

On the switch that adjusts the seat back position... I can also move that switch up and down... I can hear a motor, but nothing happens..... I suspect it raises and lowers the height of the head rest... am I correct?

rbeaud
09-02-2004, 07:08 PM
sorry man..... I don't, but I was curious about your head rest repair.....

On the switch that adjusts the seat back position... I can also move that switch up and down... I can hear a motor, but nothing happens..... I suspect it raises and lowers the height of the head rest... am I correct?

That is the problem I repaired. Check out Winston's page below. My repair is only 1 week old, so I can't say if there will be any long term issues. It's fairly easy (just don't pop the power adjustment switch case :)

http://home.comcast.net/~fongman1/repairpages/E23headrestrepairpage.html