PDA

View Full Version : my new score a M535i and some track day stuff

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
08-31-2004, 05:49 AM
went to a driver training day at pukekohe race track in NZ on sunday ,was a great day ,my HARTGE SPEC 1988 E34 535i proformed great ,had new tyres ,brakes and shocks ,all worked fine .
got some pretty good speed around corners ,and wad able to out out brake most cars there .
also had a ride in 1987 M5 ,what a machine .
doing 160km/h around over a hill in 3rd about 5800rpm ,then accalerating past another car all the way upto 7200rpm .
had a few good duels with some cars ,my mates E28 m535i ,a lotus esprit turbo ,and some others .
www.cardomain.com/memberpage/584448/10'

then on monday went for a drive just north of wellsford on mangawhai rd to buy a 1986 NZ new M535i 462000km (just run in)rang the guy Sunday night . .needed computer (ECU) reg on hold ,broken windshield ,no wof bald tyres etc very dirty ,full of rubbish a little rust in back left door and around windscreen ,been sitting for about 6mths in a shed on a farm .(didn't find any chickens in it though ).
reason it needed a ECU was they tried to jump start it with one of those power pack things and had it set on 24Volts so it fried the ECU (no spark or injector timing) so I stole the ECU out of Suzanne's car and grab a bunch of tools ,AFM ,coil ,relays ,battery fuel ,oil , jump leads etc and headed up with there with my son and a friend got up there at about 1pm .
put the ECU in jump started it (took a little while to fire up ) paid the $1200 and drove off .
The car went quite well except for a mean wobble/shake in the front ,pulled into a gas station ,put $20 in ,more air in the tyres ,still had the shakes ,then got worse ,pulled over checked the tyres for roundness ,seemed OK ,carried on shaking got worse,seemed like the front left ,pulled over again at Warkworth ,checked the tyre found the front left had a big bulge in it .
grabbed the spare from my car ,fitted it on ,carried on ,drove OK all the way back to papakura 140km trip .
not sure what to do with it ,I could fit the suspension ,manual gearbox ,rear spoiler ,recaro seats and suspension into my wifes 1986 535iA 165000km mint car ,or just tidy it up and sell it or keep it (sort of a rare car)also a freind wants to buy it ,he has a 1986 UK M535iA ,his needs a auto trans or manual conversion ,and a front spoiler .but he also wants it as a original car and sell his M535iA to his dad or brother.
check out some pics when i load them onto my website .
what do you think i should do with it .

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/584448/10

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
08-31-2004, 06:05 AM
link to pic of the M5 and forum from the track day .
http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/uploads/post-2-1093945051.jpg

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=1876&st=30

Elekta
08-31-2004, 10:59 AM
what do you think i should do with it?

I'd get a little kid a bottle of soft scrub, some soft sponges, and tear a few twenty's in half. Let him know the other halves are his when the interior is spotless.

Put in a new ECU, and some used tires and resell it...you might could more than double your investment. With your skill set, this deal is like insider trading profit.