PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not able to read some threads here?....

Brian C.
08-30-2004, 06:59 PM
On the original thread posted by billb about career choices, that is a bit down the page from here right now, it's been going on for a few days and gotten quite large. I think many of us have followed it and enjoyed the various replies, but I've noticed something that I've run into before. I can click on the reply by Jon K that's way down towards the bottom and read it fine. But if I click on Sharkman or Curt Anderson's repliews below Jon's, they are just empty. I only see the complete thread reply listing and only the "Quick Reply Box", none of their comments are there for me to see. I've noticed this a few other times, usually on very long, ongoing threads.

Gregg...Rick...??....wassup? Is there some sort of number limit on replies or does the thread close after a while or what???

Brian C.

Robin-535im
08-31-2004, 11:50 AM
When the thread is really long you have to click on page 2, 3, etc.

632 Regal
08-31-2004, 12:38 PM
right I think you have to click the main post and follow down to get all the posts, I noticed that too a while back. Try starting from the top and panning down?

Brian C.
08-31-2004, 09:23 PM
....multiple pages for an individual thread. I know that older threads drop off the 1st page and go to page 2, 3,....etc.

Can you all see THIS? (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?p=36025) That's the c&p of the post where Sharkman says he's going to give his opinion. I don't see his opinion in a message body. When I click on it I see nothing but the top box with all the little posts listed, and then the bottom "Quick Reply" box below it. Nothing in between. No biggee really, it's just a bit puzzling and maybe I need to set my CP options differently.

Brian C.
(....I bet it's Bush's fault!)
:p

ryan roopnarine
08-31-2004, 10:12 PM
hit shift and printscreen and make a picture of what you are seeing to show us. i see sharkman's post and jpg of his catscan, and the last post in thread being curt anderson.