PDA

View Full Version : Clueless...

Jose
08-30-2004, 05:11 PM
I 'm experiencing a small problem with my windscreen wipers. Normaly when you start driving the wipers come back up to normal wiping speed but mine don't seem to register the cars movement and stay in the "interval "stage, wiping every 4 secs. I've checked all relais, and handle's but am absolutely clueless as to what the problem could be.

632 Regal
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Jose, do you have an owners manual? If not get one from the dealer, these cars have Soooo many small little things that are available you will never learn 1/5th of what the car can do. They dont call them the ultimate driving machine for nothing, the wipers being one part.

Mewsy
08-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Jose,
As 632 says, this is a feature of the E34, where the wipers slow to intermittant whilst the car is not moving. The theory is that you will have less water on the windscreen when you are stationary, so will not need them on constant speed.

Jose
08-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Thanx for your reply guys, the thing is, I have re-build about 9 bmw's ranging from 3- up to 8 series and never encountered this difficulty before. I know about BMW's having the intermittent option in order to save out on scratches and innecessary wear on your screen and wipers, but the actual problem is that the wipers don't turn back up to normal wiping- speed when driving, eg on the higway , they stay in the intermittend modus constantly, causing me to have very poor visibillity when it's raining. This of course is no BMW option, just a little tecnicallity,which has me puzzeld completely and almost blind on hard raining days.