PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen wiper probem

Jose
08-29-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi guys,

I have a small problem with my windscreen wipers. They just wont wipe constantly when the car is moving, they just wipe every 4 seconds, the same intervall as when the car is standing still. It seems like some kind of sensor does not register the car's movement and therefore does not send the signal to wipe on a constant basis.

The wiper relais is working fine, there a no loose contacts on the wiper leaver. I don't know where to look further.

Anyone out there with a clue ?

thanx

netmgr
08-29-2004, 07:36 PM
The wipers are speed sensetive and go to reduced speed when you stop.

However if you select the very top setting this overrides this and the wipers go at full speed wether youre stopped or not.

So if they work normally on top speed then check your speedo...when you drive does it register on the speedo? if it does then sounds like gremlins in the controller for wiper speed. if no speedo either then check speedo implulse sender....but im guesing this is not the case or you would have mentioned it...unless youre trying to stop the car clocking up miles...but no one would do that!

darren

Jose
08-31-2004, 04:15 PM
The wipers are speed sensetive and go to reduced speed when you stop.

However if you select the very top setting this overrides this and the wipers go at full speed wether youre stopped or not.

So if they work normally on top speed then check your speedo...when you drive does it register on the speedo? if it does then sounds like gremlins in the controller for wiper speed. if no speedo either then check speedo implulse sender....but im guesing this is not the case or you would have mentioned it...unless youre trying to stop the car clocking up miles...but no one would do that!

darren

I guess it's a case of greedy contoller gremlins. I'll try to replace it with a used one, shouldn't be hard to find.