PDA

View Full Version : somewhat URGENT question about m50 fuel rail.....

ryan roopnarine
08-29-2004, 09:37 AM
let me make sure my understanding is clear.....the fuel supply line is the one closest to cylinder 6, correct? the line next to the fuel pressure regulator is the tank return line, the line off of the FPR is the vacuum suction determination line? going to do a wee experiment, and just wanted to be sure.

bjl4776
08-29-2004, 09:49 AM
Yep, sounds about right

Bill R.
08-29-2004, 10:07 AM
even has little arrows to show the direction of fuel flow and the lines are labeled supply and return.

let me make sure my understanding is clear.....the fuel supply line is the one closest to cylinder 6, correct? the line next to the fuel pressure regulator is the tank return line, the line off of the FPR is the vacuum suction determination line? going to do a wee experiment, and just wanted to be sure.

Geoff Hoad
08-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Ryan,

Just an aside. If you are contemplating changing the fuel line (or even if you aren't) definitely change the clips as they get a little slack overtime and can leak small amounts of fuel on startup until they warm up and expand. Checked mine recently and the fuel line was ready to fall off!

Oh, by the way. don't smoke when doing this! :)

Hope this helps,