PDA

View Full Version : O2 sensor connector?

scott540
08-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Ok, I got the 02 sensor unscrewed form the exhaust. How does it come apart from the connector? Do you squeeze it? I can't get it apart. Thanks

DueyT
08-28-2004, 03:57 PM
Scott, you'll see there are two little plastic clips on the car-side harness at the connector that attach to the two low profile lugs on the sensor-side connector. I found it easiest to unclip the connector assembly from the under-floor clip and then use a flat blade screwdriver to gently lift the clips and then lever the connector halves apart.

Cheers,
Duey

p.s. Wow, your sensors must not have been that bad to remove...even after a day of soaking in LPS-break free, I still had to use a closed-end 22mm wrench and a mallet to loosen mine. I had to unplug the connectors first to get the wrench along the wire to the sensor body.

scott540
08-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks. I got em. Once I got a light under there and it stopped raining (of course it started raining after the car was up) I figured it out. Yeah, they came of pretty easy with an open ended wrench and most of my body weight. I gave them a good soaking for a couple day in row. I was surprised since it's spent every winter of it's life on salt bathed roads .