PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 535iM....

Kent Carlson
08-27-2004, 04:15 PM
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've been on the site. Busy with work and home remodel and havent had time to tinker with the 5er.

I need to make room for the new boat, (and subsidise a portion of the cost) so it looks like im selling the car we use the least, my fun car! Cant sell the company car (drats) and cant sell the kid hauler.

Its a 1990 535iM.
http://www.gearfx.com/535/images/gallery/ext_left_dramatic.jpg

I'm not sure what it is worth. I am willing to give someone a fair deal, but wont give it away. :)

I'm feeling kind of lazy right now so I wont go in to details about the condition, other that it is in great shape. If you are interested you can call me at 801 787 1182 or email me at kent@zeugco.com and I will be glad to tell you all about it. I can email as many pics as you like also. I'm in Utah

Oh, not sure if I will be able to monitor this thread night and day so if you need info ASAP, call or email.

Thanks,

Kent

Jon K
08-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey guys!

It's been a while since I've been on the site. Busy with work and home remodel and havent had time to tinker with the 5er.

I need to make room for the new boat, (and subsidise a portion of the cost) so it looks like im selling the car we use the least, my fun car! Cant sell the company car (drats) and cant sell the kid hauler.

Its a 1990 535iM.

I'm not sure what it is worth. I am willing to give someone a fair deal, but wont give it away. :)

I'm feeling kind of lazy right now so I wont go in to details about the condition, other that it is in great shape. If you are interested you can call me at 801 787 1182 or email me at kent@zeugco.com and I will be glad to tell you all about it. I can email as many pics as you like also. I'm in Utah

Oh, not sure if I will be able to monitor this thread night and day so if you need info ASAP, call or email.

Thanks,

Kent

Really interested in your car. How many miles? Can you please send me asking price via email @ jkensy@comcast.net thanks in advance.

e34
08-27-2004, 05:08 PM
I shal give u $5k, interested, but really just wondering how much do u want for it, looks really great, especially baing a stick.

Kent Carlson
08-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the compliment. I love having the 5 speed. $5K is only a little off. I'm thinking $7500.

Of course George Mann and prolly a few others want the T-stars so if someone wanted it without them and Baskets instead you could save a little coin.

Nother Pic:

http://www.gearfx.com/535/images/gallery/int_driver.jpg

nuwde
08-28-2004, 01:05 AM
Thanks for the compliment. I love having the 5 speed. $5K is only a little off. I'm thinking $7500.

Of course George Mann and prolly a few others want the T-stars so if someone wanted it without them and Baskets instead you could save a little coin.

Nother Pic:

http://www.gearfx.com/535/images/gallery/int_driver.jpg

yeah those wheels are hot. how much did you pay?

e34
08-28-2004, 01:10 AM
I see on a different site that the car was sold for 13k. Whats up with that, its on http://www.gearfx.com/535 were u the buyer at that time. And whats the current mileage?

Derek A.
08-28-2004, 07:27 PM
I see on a different site that the car was sold for 13k. Whats up with that, its on http://www.gearfx.com/535 were u the buyer at that time. And whats the current mileage?

The guy spent some time building that web site for the sale of the car. Hell its more than BMW has on the current 5 series. !

632 Regal
08-28-2004, 08:41 PM
nice site yes, I contacted him with a link to this site saying I was interested...lol

Kent Carlson
08-30-2004, 03:45 PM
Hey Guys,

Just got back in to town. Too busy to check emails on the road. I will reply to every one who emailed me later in the day.

Yep, I bought the car from the guy who made that page. There are a few improvements since then like the Hella euro lenses, and the blandton diff.

They guy put a lot of money in to the car before me, but since so much has been replaced, its been easy to maintain. I think I have heard people on here before say 100K mi is a dangerous time to buy a car. Everything is just starting to bread and it will need a lot of $$$. Over 100K mi and most of the stuff has been fixed. Someone is going to get a lot of car for thier money.

Kent

bahnstormer
08-30-2004, 03:58 PM
u have mail!

Elekta
08-30-2004, 04:30 PM
Im in on that basketweave trade, if someone wants mine on your car. 2500 miles on brandnew michelin xgt's too.

Kent Carlson
09-01-2004, 10:07 AM
u have mail!
Not sure if I got your email??

Kent Carlson
09-17-2004, 11:02 AM
Back on the Market! I thought it was sold, but the guy was in FL and it was just too much of a hastle for him to figure out how to buy a car in UT.

After some investigation on shipping for this guy, I found out I have a shipping Connection and can offer shipping for free or very minimal cost between CA and FL. Always nice to know!

I am realy interested in selling this car to an enthusiast and not jsut someone down the street. Asking price is $7500 OBO.

There is so much that has been done to this car and thousands spent. You really need to talk to me if you are interested and I can tell you about it.

Thanks,

Kent
801 787 1182
kent@zeugco.com

Hey guys!

Its a 1990 535iM.

Thanks,

Kent

Kent Carlson
04-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey guys,

I havenet been here for a while, but its nice to see some of the old familiar people are still around.

I thought I sold the car last year to the fellow doing the turbo's on the e28s. Cant remember his name. Any way he was moving and I lost his contact info, my wifes Land Rover took a dive and I kept driving the 5er while she took over my Tacoma for a while. Even if the Tacoma quad cab is a company car, there was no way i was letting the bimmer turn into a kid hauler. Especialy with my kids.

Anyways, we just bought a Honda Odyssey. Yikes, two Japanese cars in the driveway.

So the bimmer is back up for sale. I was thinking of putting it on ebay, but this thing has been special to me and I dont want some punk kid buying it and totaling it a day later. That happened with my K100RT when i sold it.

Price was $7500 OBO, only has 1000 extra miles on it since last time. Let me know if you are interested. I am in Utah and had a few members look at it from another board who can vouch for the condition. I am willing to help with delivery as i dont mind the road trip thing.

Email me at kent@jencotech.com
or call at 801 607 4118

liquidtiger720
04-02-2005, 02:46 AM
too bad it isnt december right now. (when i plan on buying a car..somewhere around there) It would be a interesting trip driving it back too!. That thing is beautiful.

Kent Carlson
04-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Thanks Liquidtiger,

I bought it in the DC area and drove it out to Utah. That was a fun trip. Just a friend and I. Kansas was especialy fun. Flat, straight, and not a whole lot to slow you down.

I just had the headliner redone in Nov. too. I heard the online kits were not an exact match so I had a local shop order some Porsche replacement fabric. Looks and matches perfect. I took out all the parts to be recovered myself and saved a bunch that way. Not that hard to do at all. I will try to take a few up dated pics with the euro lenses and headliner. Looks perfect.

Kent
kent@jencotech.com
801 607 4118

liquidtiger720
04-03-2005, 01:56 AM
well, when the time is right, ill look for this thread kent. =). But hopefully by then, you would have already sold it!

Kent Carlson
04-03-2005, 06:04 PM
well, when the time is right, ill look for this thread kent. =). But hopefully by then, you would have already sold it!

Ya, I doubt it will be around then, I'm getting a lot of emails. But who knows for sure.

Kent

Scott C
04-03-2005, 06:49 PM
OH my - what an absolutely beautiful car - I love that red...
but the wife won't let me budge....

Scott

Kent Carlson
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
OH my - what an absolutely beautiful car - I love that red...
but the wife won't let me budge....

Scott

Thanks for the compliment Scott. If you want to go un-noticed this is not the car for you. It realy sticks out in the croud. That is what I love about the E34 so much. The design realy holds its own over 10 years later.

Kent

BMWBig6
04-06-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks Liquidtiger,
I will try to take a few up dated pics with the euro lenses and headliner. Looks perfect.

I, for one, would love to see pics of these updates. I know firsthand how nice that car is. ;)

bahnstormer
04-06-2005, 10:45 AM
wanna post a detailed discription and maybe lower the price? =]

Kent Carlson
04-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey,

How's it going Ben. The car has been a blast to own.

I just dont get the chance to drive it much with all the kids around. I hate putting a car seat on the leather and wont let the kids eat in it so no one enjoys going for a drive with my anyways.

Is that a new ride? How's the Lightning?

Kent

Kent Carlson
04-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Hi Bahnstormer,

There is a great detailed description at the link in this thread. The previous owner made a very nice page. Any alterations and additions have been listed above.

I seem to be getting a lot of interest in the car at the price it is at now. Obviously if someone is serious and is working with me I will listen to thier offer.

Kent

Robin-535im
04-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Too bad I'm not in the market right now, or I'd be knocking on your door!

BMWBig6
04-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Is that a new ride? How's the Lightning?

Nah, I've had the 740iL for a year now. It's no 535iM, but smells the same on the inside, and interior of the E32 is almost identical to the E34. So I still get that fuzzy feeling behind the wheel.

The Lightning is great, just got some racing wheels and Hoosier slicks for it. Installing Roush suspension later this month. Plan to tear it up at the track this season. :D

Kent Carlson
04-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Bwaaa ha ha, I just saw your plate. That's a good one.

Do you have the rear head rests? I have a set that will fit the 7er for sale. They are electric.

BMWBig6
04-07-2005, 05:11 PM
Bwaaa ha ha, I just saw your plate. That's a good one.

Do you have the rear head rests? I have a set that will fit the 7er for sale. They are electric.

Yeah I already have the rear headrests. My 7 has everything but EDC and rear seat heaters. And 4 less cylinders than a V12 of course. :p

Kent Carlson
04-07-2005, 05:13 PM
Yeah I already have the rear headrests. My 7 has everything but EDC and rear seat heaters. And 4 less cylinders than a V12 of course. :p

That's still two more than the 6.

Kent Carlson
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks Robin

brodee
04-08-2005, 02:13 PM
e-mail sent. I'm looking for a nice manual e34.

Kent Carlson
04-08-2005, 07:40 PM
back at'cha Brodee

Kent Carlson
04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Bump....

TC535i
04-18-2005, 09:39 AM
You know you've been around a bit when you used to check out that car on the internet... then found out the guy was selling it... then you find out the guy he's selling it TO is selling it...!

Good luck with the sale, Kent... that's an awesome car.

-Tim Collins

Kent Carlson
04-18-2005, 09:38 PM
hey Tim how goes?

You still have your E34?

Kent Carlson
12-08-2005, 03:36 PM
HI all,

We just sold our house and are living in a condo for the next 5 months until our new house is done. I didnt plan on selling our house so quickly, but i got my full asking price plus a premium on the first day. Oh well. Good problem to have I guess.

The sale on the 5er didnt work out so I kept it and had been driving it in the summer/fall. Now I'm driving the truck in the snow but dont have a place for the 5er inside (condo). I dont want to trash the car so i am going to sell it again. I can help deliver if needed. It is in the same great shape except it is starting to get the typical shimmy at 50 mph. I havent taken it in to the shop for the new bushings/ ball joints but I can do this or deduct the $$ for someone who might want to save a few bucks by doing it them selves. Highway driving above 50mph is still unaffected so no problems with driving it home that way.

I also realize it has been another year since I had the car "sold" the last time and it has depreciated a bit more. So the price is has been reduced. It was $7500 OBO. Now it is $5,000. I want it to go to and enthusiest if possible so I am being a little lazy about listing it on Auto Trader or Ebay.

If you are serious about this car, please call me (801) 787-1182 or email at kent@zeugco.com

Thanks,

Kent

miliue
12-08-2005, 03:51 PM
HI all,

We just sold our house and are living in a condo for the next 5 months until our new house is done. I didnt plan on selling our house so quickly, but i got my full asking price plus a premium on the first day. Oh well. Good problem to have I guess.

The sale on the 5er didnt work out so I kept it and had been driving it in the summer/fall. Now I'm driving the truck in the snow but dont have a place for the 5er inside (condo). I dont want to trash the car so i am going to sell it again. I can help deliver if needed. It is in the same great shape except it is starting to get the typical shimmy at 50 mph. I havent taken it in to the shop for the new bushings/ ball joints but I can do this or deduct the $$ for someone who might want to save a few bucks by doing it them selves. Highway driving above 50mph is still unaffected so no problems with driving it home that way.

I also realize it has been another year since I had the car "sold" the last time and it has depreciated a bit more. So the price is has been reduced. It was $7500 OBO. Now it is $5,000. I want it to go to and enthusiest if possible so I am being a little lazy about listing it on Auto Trader or Ebay.

If you are serious about this car, please call me (801) 787-1182 or email at kent@zeugco.com

Thanks,

Kent

God, why couldn't this have been up a month and a half ago :( Bought a 525 for a couple thousand less than your asking price, but would have gladly given 5k for this car. Best of luck selling it, it looks superb.

Robin-535im
12-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Kent - that price is a steal! Someone buy this car! With all you've done to it... geez... can I convince my wife I need a red one too...

kyleN20
12-08-2005, 04:55 PM
odnt know how recent this is, but my pops might be interested, ill show him this ad, looks great

Alan_525i
12-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Bump for a really sweet car and an AMAZING price.

AllGo'n'Show
12-08-2005, 07:17 PM
OMG I want it so bad, too bad I don't have 5k US.
*crys*

Bump for AWSOME ride. Maybe it won't sell and I can pick it up in the spring.

Kent Carlson
12-08-2005, 10:06 PM
odnt know how recent this is, but my pops might be interested, ill show him this ad, looks great

Just relisted it, so to speak, today. Lots of interest but still available as of yet.

Thanks,

Kent

Qube
12-08-2005, 10:24 PM
Oh my my my ... if you were in Canada, I'd snap it up!

AllGo'n'Show
12-08-2005, 10:29 PM
He's in Utah, not too far of a drive. u pay gas and Ill drive down :D

liquidtiger720
12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Okay...so, the car is in utah?

how many miles does it have on it now?

Kent Carlson
12-08-2005, 11:02 PM
He's in Utah, not too far of a drive. u pay gas and Ill drive down :D

Yep northern Utah and feezing right now.

Kent Carlson
12-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Edit< 188k

AllGo'n'Show
12-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Same here in Calgary man :) Cold COld COld

SC David
12-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Sheesh, I can't believe this car hasn't sold yet. It's unbelievably clean for the miles.

Kent Carlson
12-09-2005, 09:50 AM
Sheesh, I can't believe this car hasn't sold yet. It's unbelievably clean for the miles.

I am getting a lot of interest, but nothing is finalized yet. So, it is still available as of this morning.

I am really hoping it goes to a good owner. I would like to see it pop up on this site every now and then.

Kent

Incantation
12-09-2005, 10:08 AM
5k lmao

Kent Carlson
12-09-2005, 02:50 PM
5k lmao

?

bahnstormer
12-09-2005, 03:08 PM
i think he means 5k is too little for that car

288 is a lotta miles tho that's awesome i hope mine will be
in better shape that than when i kit 288k

=]

i'm planning a full resto =]

Mitch90535im
12-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Nice car Kent. Mine's Alpine White and I really like that red. Reminds me of the E30 Cabrio I once owned.

For anyone looking at a car, I can highly reccomend a '90 535i 5sp. Mine is at 218K miles and is the best car I've ever owned, still. I'm not sure I'd take $7,500 for mine now, even though I know I couldn't get that much for it.

632 Regal
12-09-2005, 04:35 PM
yeah, 288k is a bunch, not that it's real important but 300k is where you have all the dash mileage problems and BMW says to replace the engine at that magic number...it's a damn sweet looking car and if the guy bought my sleds instead of not showing up I'd be much more tempted.

Sweet535i
12-09-2005, 04:51 PM
Kent, that is a beauty and now I know what I want my red '91 to look like when I'm done. I've got the Style 19's and think they will look great once I get the dings and dents out and the Brilliant Red re-paint done. Interior and drivetrain are in great shape though, and only 118k on the odo. With the M30I would not worry about the motor in your baby for quite some time..looks like she has been well cared for. I've got an auto, have 5spd '86 911 to get my ya-ya's out..my 5'er is a commuter...so auto was the only way to go...Washington, D.C. area traffic..need I say more??

Kent Carlson
12-09-2005, 10:47 PM
Missed a few calls today, trying to return them now.

If anything, I would think a valve job at 300K. Compression was great the last time it was checked and the bottom ends are pretty much good to go if you take care of it. It's run Mobile One for the last 150K or so. It's the little ancillaries that require the upkeep.

nuwde
12-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Missed a few calls today, trying to return them now.

If anything, I would think a valve job at 300K. Compression was great the last time it was checked and the bottom ends are pretty much good to go if you take care of it. It's run Mobile One for the last 150K or so. It's the little ancillaries that require the upkeep.

wow, still beautiful! i can't believe i posted in this thread when it first came out!! :) i also can't believe it's still in your possession!

i would get it, but i'm in the market for a used m3 now... :) good luck!!

Kent Carlson
12-11-2005, 10:52 AM
wow, still beautiful! i can't believe i posted in this thread when it first came out!! :) i also can't believe it's still in your possession!

i would get it, but i'm in the market for a used m3 now... :) good luck!!

Hey, thanks for the compliments. Are you looking for a newer M3? My old neighbor has one. Pretty fun car.

Kent Carlson
12-12-2005, 02:49 PM

Wooo, what the hell was i thinking. The car has 188K not 288. I must be smoking.

willobmw
12-12-2005, 06:07 PM
I said to myself, I know I like to drive my 535i, But this guy REALLY likes to drive!!!! Glad you caught it. That should make a big difference. Very very nice car. Someone will be reall happy.
Good Luck on the sell,
Willobmw

Kent Carlson
12-12-2005, 08:47 PM
I said to myself, I know I like to drive my 535i, But this guy REALLY likes to drive!!!! Glad you caught it. That should make a big difference. Very very nice car. Someone will be reall happy.
Good Luck on the sell,
Willobmw

yep the classic brain fart:p