PDA

View Full Version : battery wont charge HELP

ve39
08-27-2004, 01:43 AM
Hello today i was coming to my house was already parking my car and it stalled and it wouldn't start after a wile i asked for a jump and it started and only worked for 1 minut and stalled again so i was wondering what could it be and how much will it cost to fix
Thank you for all your help

Rory
08-27-2004, 06:07 AM
Hello today i was coming to my house was already parking my car and it stalled and it wouldn't start after a wile i asked for a jump and it started and only worked for 1 minut and stalled again so i was wondering what could it be and how much will it cost to fix
Thank you for all your help
Hi,

Sounds like your charging system is not working properly. Jumping the car off pushed the voltage most likely into the 12V range but with every electrical component of the car running and no alternator it quickly ran the voltage too low and the engine died. Most likely your alternator is on its way out. You should have it checked by a mech or any local parts store should be able to test it for free assuming you can get there (sounds like a no). If it is just the brushes for the alternator you can get by for under $10 in labor but a new alternator will probably run you in the low $100 range. Of course YMMV. But this is where I would start looking.

Gooc Luck,
Rory