PDA

View Full Version : Mark D'Sylva & Custom Chips

Oldgreene34
08-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Just wanted to thank Mark for working with me to get my timing right at the top end. I have been able to call him and ask for 10 Degrees of timing retard at high speed and WOT, when that was too much, he burned me a new chip with about half that or 5 degrees ..... which it turns out is too little over 5,000 RPM. I now have my new D'Sylva chip version III which will go in tonight and I expect be spot on.

It turns out that the SMT-6 laptop tuning will not let me retard timing more than 8 degrees in total. I will be taking out the 8 with Mark's chip and likely 6 or 7 more with the SMT-6 which will keep me out of detonation at 11 to 12 pounds of boost.

Only problem is that Mark gave me a rev limit a bit higher than I wanted...easy to fix when we get to version IV. Mark has a full data logging wideband system coming which we will use for the fine tuning.

Thanks Mark,
Dave R

Robin-535im
08-25-2004, 05:09 PM
Had thoughts of making one of those myself, but was hoping someone else already beat me to it.

Is that something Mark made or is it off the shelf from somewhere?

- Robin

mikey535im
08-25-2004, 05:18 PM
Robin,
Pick up the newest edition of 'Grassroots Motorsports' magazine,excellent article on wideband vs narrow band. The one with the e30 M3 (white/purple)
on front cover.
HTH
Mike

MarkD
08-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Had thoughts of making one of those myself, but was hoping someone else already beat me to it.

Is that something Mark made or is it off the shelf from somewhere?

- Robin

In late 2002 I already had a partial prototype of a wideband a/f ratio and data logging system, then I heard that a company in CA was coming out with one at a really low price so I abandoned my plans to market a system.

Here is the one Dave is refering to: http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/

Mark