PDA

View Full Version : ventilation and a/c problem

PABLO
08-24-2004, 07:05 PM
hey guys, i'm having a problem with the ventilation and a/c (air conditioning) the problem is that the vent. and a/c only works in position 4. The other positions such as .....,1, 2 or 3 works sometimes after i used the car for some minutes, but the problem has a irregular pattern.
The only sure thing is that the system works always in position 4 but not in the others.
Can you help me with this problem? i will preciate your opinion.
Thanks
Pablo
(the a/c works fine and it starts in every position of the selector but air wont come out)

632 Regal
08-24-2004, 07:35 PM
its the sword, go to Brunos site and get her fixxed!

bimmerd00d
08-25-2004, 08:01 AM
hey guys, i'm having a problem with the ventilation and a/c (air conditioning) the problem is that the vent. and a/c only works in position 4. The other positions such as .....,1, 2 or 3 works sometimes after i used the car for some minutes, but the problem has a irregular pattern.
The only sure thing is that the system works always in position 4 but not in the others.
Can you help me with this problem? i will preciate your opinion.
Thanks
Pablo
(the a/c works fine and it starts in every position of the selector but air wont come out)

what year is your car?

JonE
08-25-2004, 10:18 AM
Your '89 E34 probably has the sword resistor for the fan. Those are the failure symptoms. As Jeff mentioned, Bruno's site is very good for this fix, http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/electrical/sword.htm
I just did this repair a couple of weeks ago. It is not too difficult. BMA has refurbed swords, as does Programma. I used this guy, David [ameristar@comcast.net]. he is a very nice, reliable person to deal with. I would recommend him, if you need a sword or an LKM.
Jon

PABLO
08-25-2004, 09:55 PM
1989 520i