PDA

View Full Version : Hood Lifts

wagonshmagon
08-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Could someone help me find instructions for changing the hood lifts for a 95 525it. There must be some web page with instructions out there. Right?

Thanks.

Mr Project
08-24-2004, 05:20 PM
Well, it's pretty straightforward... you buy the new ones, and then you install them. :)

There might be a how-to somewhere that I'm not aware of, but it's as simple as removing the clips from the old ones and clipping the new ones in the same way. Just use gentle force, and have a friend there holding the hood up for you. Otherwise you'll wake up with a nasty headache. :)

632 Regal
08-24-2004, 05:35 PM
actually with the hood all the way open and no breeze it shouldnt close, I wouldnt want to test it with my fingers on the edge of the fenders though. When I changed mine I bent the old clops out of the little slot, pushed the hood open a bit more and slid them off and slid the new ones on. You will have to be careful and make sure the clips on the new shocks engage in the slot, I had a hard time with mine and my son slid one off at the Chicago meet. The new clips seemed a bit buggy but what a difference it made in holding the hood open!!!

Mr Project
08-24-2004, 05:50 PM
True it should stay open in theory... here in NE it's always windy. :) I had a close call or two before (and while!) replacing mine. :D

...luckily it's just my head... I had nothing to lose!

632 Regal
08-24-2004, 06:49 PM
I had the problem when the car was on ramps, had to have a jam stick propped in case, new shocks are way stronger, I actually preferred the old ones in some situations like closing the hood was soo easy and quiet and opening it wasnt quite so "violent"...nice

wagonshmagon
08-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Thanks all.