PDA

View Full Version : Another Door-Lock Problem

Andrew
08-24-2004, 02:03 PM
Hello. The driver's side door lock on my '90 535i is stuck. When I try to lock the car from the driver's door key slot, all the OTHER doors lock. Additionally, I cannot easily press the interior "pin" on the interior of the driver door to activate the central locks either.

However, when I FORCE the pin / button down, I can lock the door. (Like with the rubber mallet (sp?) in the toolkit.) I will then need to pull the pin up with a lot of force to unlock that door. Basically, it seems as if something is mechanically frozen in the driver's door lock assembly. I removed the door panel to inspect the lock drive / locking mechanism but there isnt anything obviously wrong there.

Is it possible that something needs to be lubricated? Is it safe to use a spray grease of some sort on the locking mechanisms? Otherwise, does anyone know what part needs to be replaced? The Bentley manual is of little help here and I really do not understand how the locks are supposed to operate.

Thanks in advance
Andrew

kiNGMak
08-25-2004, 12:58 AM
roll the window down.. and with key in lock.. turn to lock position and at the same time push hard on the "pin"

Andrew
08-25-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the response, but I forgot to mention that I already tried this. Your right, it DOES lock the door but it will be stuck this way. I will then have to hold the key in the unlock position and pull the pin up with pliers.

qball
08-25-2004, 01:44 PM
I am having the same issue with my front passengers side door lock. I would be curious if anybody have a remedy for this issue.

e34
08-25-2004, 09:46 PM
hey i just have a deadlocked door behind the driver, it will not open, i got to find time to open it.