PDA

View Full Version : seat belt height adjustment- how to fix?

rbeaud
08-24-2004, 12:50 PM
I repaired the head rest using a piece of coat hanger. And I'm oh so happy for my newly working head rest. But, when re-installing the seat, I noticed the cable for the seat belt height adjustment could not be reconnected. Or rather, I could not see an obvious place to reconnect it (not connected during disassembly either).

Can anyone tell me what the connection looks like? I would like to order the missing part(s).

Cheers,

Roland

632 Regal
08-24-2004, 02:54 PM
same problem here! I even had the seat out and nothing...grrrr

winfred
08-24-2004, 05:10 PM
there a ear with a hole in it sticking out of the seat track inline with the spool for the wire that raises the belt

rbeaud
08-24-2004, 10:16 PM
there a ear with a hole in it sticking out of the seat track inline with the spool for the wire that raises the belt

Yeah, I noticed that this was the most logical connection point. I just don't see how it all goes together. The existing clamp is U-shaped with a circular cutout about midway down the clamp. It seems to me that a pin would be required. I'm sure that something is missing; Can you shed any more light on this?

BTW, the exhaust is working like a champ. Too bad it can't have the agressive rumble of the old rusted exhuast :)

Cheers,

Roland

winfred
08-24-2004, 10:26 PM
yep theres a pin that goes there, assuming it didn't get sucked up by a vacuum it's probably hiding in one of the openings in the carpet by the spool, or you could rob the one from the passinger side

Yeah, I noticed that this was the most logical connection point. I just don't see how it all goes together. The existing clamp is U-shaped with a circular cutout about midway down the clamp. It seems to me that a pin would be required. I'm sure that something is missing; Can you shed any more light on this?

BTW, the exhaust is working like a champ. Too bad it can't have the agressive rumble of the old rusted exhuast :)

Cheers,

Roland