PDA

View Full Version : amp wiring 89 535

Dizzy
08-24-2004, 02:08 AM
Anybody know the color codes for the stereo amp in an early 89 535im. Trying to install new 200 watt jvc radio and bypass the amp. Not much seems to match the color codes from the radio to the amp on one single plug. It has a white plug and a black plug. which is input and which is output? I've already run new ground wires to all speakers and let me tell you, it is not an easy task. I should have just gone ahead and ran everything new. If anyone can help, I sure would apretiate it. I do know the color codes at the radio, just not at the amp. thanks, Dizzy

Dizzy
08-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I hope this might help some else. If you are bypassing the amp you should definately run all new wires to the speakers. Also with a little modifying you can put 6x9 speakers in the kick panels. The drivers side will need cut off. You still use the front part. The passenger side just needs a one inch spacer to use the 6x9. I made a templet out of cardboard then made it out of masonite then covered it in vynal. I used a pair of pioneer 6.5's in the back and jensen triax 6x9's up front. It sounds great with a lot of clean base and I only have about $250.00 invested. Just be sure to pick some name brand good speakers. If you are on a tight budget like me, this is the way to go.