PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro and first (of many) questions.....

thejames
08-19-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi y'all.

Am in a transition period at the moment. Having to sell up my beloved e36 (see link in sig) for my e34 that was delivered a matter of hours ago. She needs a bit of TLC but she's gonna be a stunner after a bit of fettling ;)

Have previously owned a 270bhp 200sx and now my 328i (regular poster on www.e36coupe.com forum) so am no stranger to cars and modding. You'll have to bear with me though whilst i get used to my new 5 :D

First question, and trust me, there will be LOADS..... My glovebox is buggered! When you open it, it falls down onto the two straps either side. Theres a hinge of some description missing from the rear i would imagine. Maybe something to clip to the metal bar that runs along the back?

Anyone point me in the right direction? Would imagine its only a cheap item from BMW but if i go in there without a clue what im asking for i'll probably come out with 2 grands worth of dashbard.... LOL

Here's a few of pictures from my phone too if you're interested.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/thejames/535plans.jpg

Absolutely love the wheels. They desperately need refurbing and shall be customising them as per the bottom row.

Cheers, Jim.

Julius
08-20-2004, 01:16 AM
Hey James, weclome aboard :) Yep your exactly right about the glove box. As you can see there are 1 slice on either side of the back of the glove box, so you'll need two of these clips. Basically they just slide into those 2 slices at the back and then once you have those clips the black bar sits in these clips and you fold the clip over to pinch the bar. Hope this helps! Btw i love your e36! any particular reason for change if you don't mind me asking?

thejames
08-20-2004, 01:22 AM
Cheers :D Purely a financial decision. Though, i am secretly looking forward to owning the 5 full-time ;) LOL

Ive heard nothing but rave reviews about the e34, and i love the way she sits. Real chunky, but still sporty. All at the same time :D

thejames
08-20-2004, 01:23 AM
Is there an ETK/TIS type thing available for the e34??

Would make it easier to grab the part numbers for various bits n' bobs.... ;)

Geoff Hoad
08-20-2004, 01:32 AM
The standard ETK should allow you to select the E34 in all its different versions. Just dial in your VIN # and off you go.

If you don't have one ebay is the place to look.

Welcome aboard!

thejames
08-20-2004, 01:45 AM
Cheers Geoff. Spot the loser thats never used his ETK before......

Doh!

shragon
08-20-2004, 01:49 AM
nice clean e34! welcome to the board!

thejames
08-20-2004, 01:52 AM
Shragon, your ones lovely!! :D And cheers for the welome.

Many UK-ers on here?

Geoff Hoad
08-22-2004, 04:49 PM
At least you now have a good excuse to use it! :)

DueyT
08-23-2004, 12:01 AM
James...welcome! You'll love your E34...your E36 was sweet, but once you get done "tarting" ;) up your 5 per the snaps, you'll love it even more. I especially like what you want to do with your wheels!

Cheers
Duey

Bob in San Jose
08-23-2004, 12:40 AM
James, Welcome to the e34 world. You'll find lots of help here when you need it.
Here's a link to an online ETK.
http://rust.mine.nu/bmw/