PDA

View Full Version : Side window alignment

BAYEMVAY
08-19-2004, 05:07 PM
My passenger-side power window does not seat properly when it is raised. It slides out of alignment and has damaged the rubber window seal.

Has anyone here tried re-aligning a crooked window? I've found the instructions to remove the door panel, but before I dive in, I was hoping someone knew if the job was loosening some hardware, aligning the window the right way, and tightening the hardware, or is it something that could easily become a nightmare without some special tool or technique.

Thanks in advance,

Hank

632 Regal
08-19-2004, 05:41 PM
go to your local stealer and grab at least 2 little white window track sliders there like a buck each. When you open your panel you will most likly find a broken or cracked slider. Remove the old ones re-grease the track and reassemble. Dont want you to open her up and then have to get the little deals...like I did. :D

Alexlind123
04-22-2006, 02:26 PM
go to your local stealer and grab at least 2 little white window track sliders there like a buck each. When you open your panel you will most likly find a broken or cracked slider. Remove the old ones re-grease the track and reassemble. Dont want you to open her up and then have to get the little deals...like I did. :D

Do you have to remove the window to install new tracks?

Kalevera
04-22-2006, 03:21 PM
The regulator is almost certainly bad and in need of replacement. Is there any lateral play in the glass (forward/backwards) when it's about 50% up?

The plastic sliders and their disfunction really only affects speed of window operations.

best, whit

Alexlind123
04-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Yes, there is lateral play. It almost feels "loose", but its still in its tracks, and the tracks look fine.

KenB
04-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I had the same problem with my passenger side window crimping the rubber seal and was thinking along the same lines. Figured it was just loose and could be tightened up. It needed a regulator.