PDA

View Full Version : All windows "one touch?" is it possible?

Jason
08-19-2004, 12:56 PM
if so what is involved, i would assume that its possible only from the console. anyone have any input on this?

PhilipJCaputo
08-19-2004, 01:06 PM
all my windows one touch down.... but only drivers will one touch up... and there are things like, if I am one touching the sunroof closed, I can't get the drivers side window to respond.

and if I'm one touching the drivers window up, and someone unlocks the doors (central unlock type thing), the drivers window will stop for a second while the doors unlock, then continue on up.

I think the "computer" or whatever it is that controls the one up and one down, just isn't all that advanced....

QUestion (I'll check this after work today):

do all windows go up at the same time with the key in the door held in the lock position?

Bill R.
08-19-2004, 01:16 PM
9/91 it will have one touch down on all windows but not one touch up on all.

if so what is involved, i would assume that its possible only from the console. anyone have any input on this?

632 Regal
08-19-2004, 07:00 PM
My passenger window stops 3 times while holding the button to close it and I have to let off the button and press again for it to continue to the next stop. The stops are not random, almost like in a preset mode. I took the panel off to see if the stop switch was being affected by anything and it wasnt. Not really a problem but more of a pet peive. Any suggestions?

DueyT
08-20-2004, 11:49 AM
Jeff...darned wiggly amps! I don't think that should be happening. (Helpful, aren't I? :p )

Phil, your windows will likely go up one side (front & back) at a time so that the window circuit isn't electrically overloaded...also why the pause if the central locking is used while a window is auto-down'ing.

Cheers,
Duey

henryw525i
08-21-2004, 08:08 PM
Isn't it due to the Genreal Module? My '88 build has drives side one touch up and down and also sun roof one touch open and CLOSE.

I have heard if you replace the general module with another version it will give you these other window one touch features

gvilkelis
08-25-2004, 02:35 AM
Hi,

Does anyone knows what parts/modules are responsible for one touch functions operating incorrectly?
My E34 '88 driver side window is behaving really strange. One touch works only if driver window is nearly closed. If driver window fully open, or 2/3 open, then one touch does not work.
And I think now one-touch stopped working at all, or it works accasionaly, and only if driver window is nearly closed.

Is there a foult of general module, or are there some sensors in driver door to tell window position?