PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the NYC area want greenhouse side trims?

MicahO
08-18-2004, 10:07 AM
I've got a set of side trims (the top surround for the greenhouse, NOT the bottom of the window areas) in good shape. They are not worth shipping anywhere, but would make a nice starting point if one wanted to do a shadowline job on their car.

If someone would like to pick them up or arrange for a convenient meet in the NY/NJ area, please drop me a note.

Kamil
08-18-2004, 11:55 AM
I've got a set of side trims (the top surround for the greenhouse, NOT the bottom of the window areas) in good shape. They are not worth shipping anywhere, but would make a nice starting point if one wanted to do a shadowline job on their car.

If someone would like to pick them up or arrange for a convenient meet in the NY/NJ area, please drop me a note.

What would be the price?

AllanS
08-18-2004, 01:39 PM
pics?

MicahO
08-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Price is 'come and get-em.' First person that can make the trip that calls dibs gets them. I'd rather give them away than crumple them into the garbage.

Don't have any pics. They are the silver trim around the top of the windows on an e34 sedan, from the outside mirrors around the roofline to the back of the rear door. They came off straight and have been hanging unmolested for the past 1.5 years. I've got some of the clips that would be needed to put them back on, but a few more would need to be ordered from BMA. When the old trim comes off you should expect to break all of the clips currently in use.

I got a similar set from Imelda a while back. Sanded them nice and smooth, sprayed with self-etching primer, and painted flat black for my own shadowline job on my 535. Came out pretty nice. If someone wants to do the same, here's a set to use. The only drawback is you have to come and get yer parts!

MicahO
08-18-2004, 02:24 PM
New ACEI halfshafts, fits the 535 and the M60 530 (v8). $135 shipped, would cost $68 each from Bimmerparts, plus shipping. I paid about $65 each, plus shipping, a year ago and never installed them into the 535. Then I sold the car. Remanufactured shafts with new CV joints, all gooed and booted and ready to bolt up.

TC535i
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
I'll give you five bucks for the cow crossing sign in your garage... :)