PDA

View Full Version : Online shopping

wagonshmagon
08-17-2004, 08:53 PM
Can anyone suggest reliable online suppliers for BMW parts/accessories for my '95 525it? I've tried out Bavarian Autosports (www.bavauto.com), and they seem ok, but I want to see what options are out there.

I'm also looking for a cargo bay liner/mat for my wagon. bavauto has some, but the top layer looks like some sort of light gray fabric, which doesn't match the tan interior of my car. A black or tan liner would be nice. I already checked out weathertech.com, but they don't carry any mats for my car.

Finally, can anyone suggest a reliable and reasonable bmw garage/mechanic in the south orange county area (CA).

Thanks!

winfred
08-17-2004, 08:58 PM
another place like bavauto would be www.bmpd.com

wagonshmagon
08-20-2004, 12:36 PM
thanks winfred.

i found a cargo liner that just might work.

walt525tour
09-07-2004, 07:06 AM
so where did you find your cargo liner?

I have a touring also and would love to know. I just got my '95, and the back area is immaculate and I want to keep it that way.

rickm
09-07-2004, 08:39 AM
http://www.weathertech.com/?ad=WT has mats for a wide variety of cars also. I bought one for my wife's Volvo, it's held up nicely regardless of the load (the woman should be driving a truck for all of the crap she hauls back there).

wagonshmagon
09-07-2004, 12:46 PM
walt525,

I found it on bmpd.com. Their online ordering system isn't the most user-friendly, so I suggest just ordering over the phone. The shipping charges were steep ($22), so you might want to order something else you need while you're at it.

The mat itself was ok. It could be thicker/more heavy duty - it's a plain, thin, black plastic/rubber tray; but I guess it should get the job done, as long as you don't haul lumber or something like that. Also, the layout of the tray does not exactly fit the floor of the cargo area - there's an extra "lip" on the left side- god knows what it's for - but it's nothing major.

Bavauto.com also offers cargo mats for the 95 525it, but the ones they have are plush and don't have that "lip" for liquid spills, so I wouldn't imagine that these would keep your original cargo carpet safer than a rubber/plastic tray with "lips". Also, these only come in gray, which is a problem for my car, as it has a cream interior.

Rickm, I intially wanted to go for a weathertech mat, but I really couldn't find one specifically for the 95 525it. But they are really good and would have been my first choice.

Hope this helps.

-WS