PDA

View Full Version : E.A.T. Chip is the best!

Russell
08-16-2004, 09:28 PM
I just installed (107 miles ago) an E.A.T. performance chip by Mark D’Sylva. Mark’s Company is Enhanced Automotive Technology URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca email: mark@dsylva-tech.ca. I think I waited about a year before his chip was available.

Let me tell you, it is the best and most cost effective modification you can do to your e34. The installation was without any real problems. The clips that hold the DME in place are a bit strange. Even with the clips, it took about 45 minutes total. Do your homework on the BMW forums and look up how to install or have your favorite mechanic do the deed.

The improvement was almost immediate. The car seems much more eager to move. At low speeds, especially in town, turning the corner, type of driving the car feels lighter and does not downshift as often when more power is needed. In S-mode, power seems much stronger. However, I have not pushed it hard. In addition, I am not sure how long it takes the car to adapt.

I cannot say if the gas mileage has improved, but I can tell you my OBC seems to be registering 2-3 mpg higher than before for highway driving. For example, I am now showing 33-36 mpg for sustained 65 mph on a relatively flat 4-lane road after the chip was installed. Get Mark’s chip

aussie540i
08-16-2004, 11:13 PM
thanks Russell

steve mackney
1993 540ia

Geoff Hoad
08-17-2004, 01:44 AM
And EAT chips fit European cars too.....

Russell
08-18-2004, 06:39 PM
More praise for Mark! :-)

Astroboy
08-18-2004, 08:10 PM
(Opps, I found my answer to my question. Sorry, I should have checked Mark's website first. The EWS is now available!!!)

I have been waiting for a while to get a chip from Mark that is compatible with the '95 year EWS cars. Has he finished the chip or is yours without EWS? Anxiously awaiting your reply!
Russ (also)

O

Russell
08-19-2004, 03:28 AM
(Opps, I found my answer to my question. Sorry, I should have checked Mark's website first. The EWS is now available!!!)

I have been waiting for a while to get a chip from Mark that is compatible with the '95 year EWS cars. Has he finished the chip or is yours without EWS? Anxiously awaiting your reply!
Russ (also)

O