PDA

View Full Version : Front Wheel Problem

Scotty
08-16-2004, 01:16 PM
First of all Hello all members of the forum.
Now i am a noob so please excuse ignorance if i offend anyone.
I recently write of my motorbike, shown in my avatar. Cut a long story short a friend took my written of bike in exchange for a BMW 5 Series 520i. So i thought what the hell lets swap it.

Anyway the car has stood for some time. (Long enough to grow plants on it)
I connect a new battery to it and it fired up first time. Yay! Basically the car is quite nice bar a rip in the seat in the back and general tidy ness is good, altough it could really do with a clean.

Drove the car back 50 miles when the car has been stood a year. So that was a bit of a gamble. But got me home fine.
I have noticed it will be needing new pads asap. (So a link to anywhere i can buy them online would be great!)

I have noticed sometimes when i drive, the front wheel seems to knock. and then it goes again once you have either slowed down or speed up...
It also seems to when i brake and this is happening stop but pull to the one side slightly.

It is a possible failure of suspension bushings?

In anycase the engine in its done a fair stack of miles. But the engine was replaced (entire engine) after it blew upat 250'000 miles. So i imagine the suspensions took a beating. The engine was replaced by BMW 80'000mile ago. (have reciepts to proove) but obviously the engine is sound and very clean.

Any help with this problem would be of great apprciation.

Thanks

Scotty