PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys think of BOGE gas turbo shocks

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
08-15-2004, 06:19 AM
i just bid on and won a set of 4 shocks ,i have alowered suspension set up ,not sure of brand of springs ,its on my HARTGE 1988 E34 535i car .my mecanic tells me my shocks are all worn ,
has anyone used these Before with lowered springs .
was looking at getting the bilsteins ,but that was going to cost me about $1200nzd plus $200 to fit .
got these BOGE ones for $495nzd .
here is a copy of the ADD .
Brand New Item

One set of four shocks for a BMW 5 series E34. Set consists of two BOGE Turbo Gas front strut inserts and two BOGE Turbo Gas rear shock absorbers. These are approx 30% uprated over the standard issue gas shocks from the factory and most likely equivalent to the factory sport suspension (not M-Tek) OE shocks. Retail value of over $1000 here, save some money on the best quality German shocks avaiable for your car! Turbo Gas shocks are 4 bar gas pressure with progressive valving so they give you a good ride around town and tighten up as speed increases.

This set will fit the following 5 series;

518i with factory sport susp up to 7/90
520i with factory sport susp up to 7/90
525i up to 7/90
530i up to 7/90
535i up to 7/90

BONUS : choose to bid with Buy Now and you will receive free freight within NZ plus a front strut service kit which includes new bump stops and gaiters - over $100 value there alone!

Please visit my other auctions , thanks!

Geoff Hoad
08-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Consider that if you have a Hartge suspension the springs are likely to be Hartge as well. If that's the case they are set up to compliment each other. The Boge units, whilst a very good product, may not have the same valving. If you are looking for a cheap solution without worrying about the consequences, by all means buy the Boge units. Good quality and should be a good match. Another consideration is how much has the Hartge spring set up lowered the car. Are the shocks matching the lower set up. If not they won't match, Be sure to address all these questions or you will have a problem.

Hope this helps,

632 Regal
08-15-2004, 05:59 PM
You should be just fine! The ride will improve dramaticly over worn shocks.

Dan in NZ
08-15-2004, 06:16 PM
Were those the ones that pop up on TradeMe all the time??? I've been thinking of getting some myself, at least for the rear as the shocks are far gone and the whole back end sags to the right. Let me know how it goes.

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
08-16-2004, 01:19 AM
yes they where the ones ,but the first time ive seen the whole set for a 535i in a uprated version .

Brent in NZ hartge 535i
08-16-2004, 01:24 AM
not sure if they are hartge springs ,just had hartge body kit when i brought it ,and lowered springs ,has always handled pretty good ,very fast around corners .
starting to get a little bit twitchy ,rear shocks(munroe GT ) starting to leak ,and front ones (unknown brand at this stage) run out of travel .
hopefully these will work better than my million mile ones.
cheers brent .
1988 535i hartge
1990 535iA
1987 525ee (for sale)
1986 535iA
1989 535iA parts car