PDA

View Full Version : Low speed wind whistle < 40 mph

Russell
08-14-2004, 10:42 PM
I get a low speed wind whistle < 40 mph. It appears to be coming from the passenger side of the car. I do not hear it at higher speeds. I do not see any sort of window or door gasket tear.

Any help is appreciated.

e34
08-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Well that happes when your door seals go bad, my e34 is a instrument when i take it on the freeway, but it only happens on slow arround 40-50mph like yours, so what i do is blast the music so i dont hear it. Trust me it works super!!! And i dont have AC working so my windows are open so all i hear is some music and mostly wind.

Russell
08-15-2004, 07:35 AM
I suspected the door gasket, but which one? The inner gasket around the door frame or the outer gasket the door/window frame or even the window gasket. These gaskets are expensive and the outer door frame gasket looks a real pain to install correctly.

Well that happes when your door seals go bad, my e34 is a instrument when i take it on the freeway, but it only happens on slow arround 40-50mph like yours, so what i do is blast the music so i dont hear it. Trust me it works super!!! And i dont have AC working so my windows are open so all i hear is some music and mostly wind.

winfred
08-15-2004, 10:38 AM
start tapeing things shut when the noise stops you found it, i had a weird one on the 535, below 50 degrees the plastic trim on the cowl would buzz at highway speeds, electrical tape fixed that, can't see it can't hear it must be fixed

Russell
08-15-2004, 11:52 AM
I have done that in the past when I thought my sunroof was making noise. It was not. Guess I will try on my daily commute AKA-test bed for changes.

start tapeing things shut when the noise stops you found it, i had a weird one on the 535, below 50 degrees the plastic trim on the cowl would buzz at highway speeds, electrical tape fixed that, can't see it can't hear it must be fixed