PDA

View Full Version : Thank you www.bmwe34.net and www.bimmer.info......struts are on!

Garlic Breath
08-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Your tutorial for the strut replacement was fantastic. Thank you very much. It took us about 6 hours total, from the time I jacked it up (using the jack points!) to sweeping up the floor. Had to weld a nut on the end of 7/8 deep well socket to to get the strut mount off the top of the strut bearing. I tried searching around the AutoZone's in the area and nobody had the spark plug socket on the shelf. No biggie. Added about a 1/2 hour to the job until we came up with a solution. This was my first time underneath and intimate with my car. I just can't believe how easy it was. However I did go to diesel mechanic school in the Marines back in the day so I do know how to turn a wrench or two.

My main reason for posting is to say thank you and keep up the great work. This forum website and www.bmwe34.net are a wealth of information.

Best Regards,
Garlic Breath

Bimmer Nut Ed
08-14-2004, 10:07 PM
Agreed, the help from Bruno's site and this site provides the additional guidance and supports needed to do just about anything to you bimmer.

I love this place man!