PDA

View Full Version : It's days like these that I'm happy to have an older car...

Kamil
08-14-2004, 12:01 PM
Those of you that have seen my E34 know that the paint is "oddly" bad (I think someone used a ice-scraper on the entire car, small/minor, even scratches on the entire car, not visible from more than 5ft away) and has some minor "regular" scratches on it.

Well, a relative borrowed my car for a a day... parked at work, at a hospital, and what do you know... two fair size (4" and 6" long) scratches on the passanger-side fender and hood, near the headlight.

Yes, it sucks, but I know it would hurt a gazzilion times more if this was a brand new car (like the 330i ZHP I want :D ).... anyway, just felt like sharing that.

rickm
08-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Not sure where you're at but any hospital parking lot I've been in seems to be a horror story for scratches/dents. At MSJ, where my wife used to work, the spots were so narrow that even if you parked in the dead center of the spot it was a tight squeeze to exit your vehicle. At the VA where my wife works anything in the lot that isn't American made is going to get keyed.

Kamil
08-14-2004, 01:41 PM
At the VA where my wife works anything in the lot that isn't American made is going to get keyed.

Wow, are peopel really THAT ignorant/stupid?

This was in NYC. Looks like a wheelcheair hit (no, was not parked in handi spot), or something w/ a semi-sharp edge... it doesn't look like it was intensionally, or done by another vehicle.