PDA

View Full Version : Keep your head down, East Coast...

billb
08-13-2004, 02:51 PM
Cat 4 comin' ashore...looks like we'll see it all the way up here in NC. Good of the NFL to postpone the Bucs-Bengals game...those guys sure have a heart!

wizemon
08-13-2004, 08:54 PM
i lived through the "cat 4" in Sarasota...nothing at all...in fact i waxed the 5iver while it happened :)

winfred
08-13-2004, 09:13 PM
that mother is gonna make andrew look like a dust devel in terms of dammage the way it's tracking

ryan roopnarine
08-14-2004, 07:00 AM
called mumsies this morning, she said that it sounded like the windows were gonna implode, thought the tree was gonna fall in on the house (in orlando) but when it all finished, nothing much happened. i work with someone who lives about 10 mi from the centre of orlando that had a tree fall in on his parent's house, its now uninhabitable. i'm kinda pissed at the weather people, i don't think so many people would have died over in punta gorda if they coulda warned them that it wasn't going to land as northward as originally expected. im sure a lot of people (and tourists) are gonna be pissed off in orlando, the airport is damaged somewhere, and all flights in/out are on hold.

rickm
08-14-2004, 07:18 AM
Ryan:
The target was Tampa....if the thing just decided to turn in at the last minute there wasn't much they could do. Weren't folks in that area told to leave? I'd bitch at the man above before I got PO'd at the weather folks. It's not a perfect science.

Pender County (not to far of where I am now) had a tornado or two touch down, lots of damage. One of the folks I was working with had her single wide end up in the middle of the street. :P

I left for home at 10pm last night, the rain was pretty nasty most of the way until I hit Winston where it let up. Damn Tahoe needs driving lights or something, I had a bitch of a time seeing the road.

ryan roopnarine
08-14-2004, 07:40 AM
not so much pissed as disappointed that they couldn't tell the people in the mobile homes (the ones that did the dying, as far as I heard) to get out when they realised it would be heading that way. i'm not hearing of any other casualties in punto., and the official word out of cuba is that 2 were dead, which is suprising considering they got the brunt of it. i went to find a bank of america that would be opened tomorrow at 9 pm last night, and had the radio in the e34 on weatherband, and heard nothing of the upcoming diversion. mumsies cable and power are out at different times, so she cant watch the news. went to work a short while ago, so i don't suppose it matters too much to her.

Tiger
08-14-2004, 08:48 AM
Get xenon for your Tahoe.. Sylvania makes a DOT drop in set for it.

sbcncsu
08-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Bill, We are keeping our heads down. Looks like Wilmington and Myrtle Beach will be seeing, at a minimum, Tropical Storm force winds around lunch time. I have already been out canvassing the yard, for possible wind-borne missles.

Rick,

You know, I live 10 miles from Rocky Point in Castle Hayne. I heard that storm come through and HAD to get up and check it out. It was... well, weird. It was raining like hell, the lightning was so damn bright it looked like daylight when it struck cloud to cloud. Weirdest part though was it was dead still at the time. I looked out in my backyard and noticed that no limbs or bird feeders were swaying.

Already it is raining steadily and the breeze is picking up.

rickm
08-14-2004, 09:27 AM
Tiger:

Do I need to get the ballast and everything else? Or is it plug and play? If it's reasonable I'll buy it. It was given to me as my work vehicle since my territory now ranges about 350 miles from one side to the other. Pulled 21mpg doing 75 most of the way.

Tiger
08-14-2004, 09:41 AM
If you got 00 to 03 you are in luck, it is all included in a package.

http://www.sylvania.com/xenarc/prodinfo.htm

$500 seems to be the range...
http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/sylxenhidx2c.html

$300 if you just want aux driving light...
http://www.autobarn.net/sylxenx1auxl.html

It's a great deal considering it gives you a complete new headlight kit... whereas a bi-xenon bulb kit will set you back $550 alone.

rickm
08-14-2004, 09:44 AM
It's a 2004. I'll talk to the boss today to see if she's ok with me making mods.

Tiger
08-14-2004, 10:26 AM
Seems like there was no change in body from 2003 to 2004 so that xenarc kit would fit with no problem... Call Sylvania for confirmation... That's pretty awesome... $500 with headlight unit complete and DOT legal...