PDA

View Full Version : '95 M5 Touring for sale (NJ)

DrewZ
08-13-2004, 06:18 AM
No,not mine, but I know the seller, and I'd be happy to test-drive it for any prospective purchaser :)

Details below

> > Yes, it's Orinoco Green, black soft leather
> > interior, BL01798. Build
> > sheet and pics available here:
> >
> > http://www.robertlevinson.com/95M5_for_sale/
> >
> > The car was federalized by Ramus (sp?) in FL about
> > two years ago. It
> > was imported for and purchased by Sunny and now has
> > about 72K miles.
> > I have known the car since the federalization was
> > first completed.
> >
> > Obviously I am very familiar with the car. The
> > interior is amazingly
> > clean, feels like a much younger car. No accident
> > history or repaint
> > that I can detect, but of course the front has
> > normal rock chips, but
> > not excessive. It's got all the '95B goodies - big
> > brakes (in good
> > condition, but has new front rotors and pads in a
> > box), 18" M
> > Parallels (no curbing), PZero tires (5K miles),
> > 6-speed, fully
> > functional EDC, new BMW battery, 3.6l lightweight
> > flywheel conversion
> > (3K miles ago), sunroofs work fine, original radio.
> > Has the standard
> > E34 "barn door" mirrors but comes with brand-new BMW
> > sport mirrors in
> > a box, already painted.
> >
> > It runs strong and the chassis is tight, I have no
> > problem
> > recommending it as a top "short list" choice for
> > anybody considering
> > a purchase.
> >
> > Asking price is a very reasonable $35K.
> >
> > If interested, please contact Sunny at 732-616-3895.

http://www.robertlevinson.com/95M5_for_sale/Profile_Right.jpg

Springfield1952
08-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Drew, very generous of you to offer to test drive the M5T for anyone who's interested. It's the constant sacrifices that fellow members make that makes this forum a beautiful place :p . Sorry, I need to go as I'm getting a little misty eyed.

Curt.
1994 530iT. Hey - drive that M5T out here to the left coast so I can see it!

Riddler
08-13-2004, 02:46 PM
SWEET! Is that the original wheels?

G Feller
08-13-2004, 03:07 PM
SWEET! Is that the original wheels?

DrewZ
08-13-2004, 05:30 PM
even if I do have to say so myself. I even offered to give Micah's new 330i ZHP some exercise while he was on vacation. For some reason he turned down the offer ;)

Drew, very generous of you to offer to test drive the M5T for anyone who's interested. It's the constant sacrifices that fellow members make that makes this forum a beautiful place :p . Sorry, I need to go as I'm getting a little misty eyed.

Curt.
1994 530iT. Hey - drive that M5T out here to the left coast so I can see it!

ScottyWM
08-13-2004, 08:35 PM
:: Wistful Sigh.... ::

Springfield1952
08-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Well, what can you say about Micah. He sells both his e34's including a Touring no less! It's no wonder that someone of apparent diminished capacity wouldn't accept your generous offer. Perhaps he'll come back to the fold some day.

Curt.
1994 530iT

even if I do have to say so myself. I even offered to give Micah's new 330i ZHP some exercise while he was on vacation. For some reason he turned down the offer ;)

Matt P
08-14-2004, 01:52 AM
One small oddity...

It has the standard Mirrors, yet my M5T, which is about 15 earlier (BL01783) had the //M aerodynamic mirrors as delivered.

Hmm.. time to check the build sheet and see if that was an option -- My understanding was that all of the 1995 versions had the aero mirrors.

Still, it looks like a very nice car with no obvious issues. If the EDC has been replaced in the recent past, that's a big plus.

DrewZ
08-14-2004, 07:28 AM
The build sheet for this one say it came with option code 784 "Aerodynamikspiegel", so I guess they were an option rather than standard. Maybe they were replaced in the federalization process instead or installing the convex mirror glass with stupid US-required "objects in mirror are closer than they appear" language . . .

One small oddity...

It has the standard Mirrors, yet my M5T, which is about 15 earlier (BL01783) had the //M aerodynamic mirrors as delivered.

Hmm.. time to check the build sheet and see if that was an option -- My understanding was that all of the 1995 versions had the aero mirrors.

Still, it looks like a very nice car with no obvious issues. If the EDC has been replaced in the recent past, that's a big plus.